Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance at a V prefix 39a Mountie that is in good condition.Wood 95% metal 98%. They want $750.00 for it. Would like to have one to go with my V prefix 39a, but $750.00 just seems a bit high? You guys are the experts, what are your thoughts?:hmmmm:

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
I guess it depends on how bad you want it!
Paying $100 or so more than the market calls for ,when you get something that is not easy to come by,is quick to get over.
In my opinion, that is top dollar for sure.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
One of the problem with pricing JM Marlins is that there is a lot of regional variation. In our area, that would be a bit high for a 39 Mountie, true, but given how hard Mounties are to find, I'd sure take a serious look, all the same. On the other hand, in some areas, that Mountie would be long gone. Tough call. If you want it, grab it. That's my vote. JM Mounties don't grow on trees.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
$500-600 is what I consider retail on these so I agree its above market price.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will find more at that price. If you find one for $650.00 or less grab it because it will not be there long. You should be able to buy a nice Mountie on GB for that or less if you take your time.
Actually the one I was considering was on GB. I will keep looking, another will turn up. Thing is I want a V prefix so that does make it a bit harder. Lesson learned.:biggrin:

·
Registered
78 Posts
You will find more at that price. If you find one for $650.00 or less grab it because it will not be there long. You should be able to buy a nice Mountie on GB for that or less if you take your time.

I would be all over this auction if I was looking for one.

Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie 22 LR 39A Micro-groove : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com
I bid on that up to $700 as I was born in '64 (Y). Somebody came in late on the bidding and seemed like they wanted it bad. Anyone here end up with it?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sounds like it may be a bit high in price. If I want something and it is hard to find I will not let the price stop me if within reason.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought one on GB about 3 years ago at 425.00 no one bid against me. Knew it was a good buy, just didn't know how good.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Where can I apply for a redo ?
After reading these prices, I went back thru my records and I had three Mounties
on my rack and the highest selling price of the three was $225 in 2006. Since I
never bought or sold beaters, these had to have been vg+. So in less than
ten years, the prices have tripled. I'm just in sticker shock at what people are paying today.

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Bullet sounds like you were selling when you should have been buying. It takes luck and money to hit things just right.

·
Registered
854 Posts
That was always a temptation, but for a business, you can't make a living stocking a museum.

Reactions: toad67
1 - 16 of 16 Posts