Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from Graf & Sons. 308 ME ammo (hornady) for 26.95 and no shipping for back orders.
(Take that price Midway) Then I went to my local store and they just got some. Is it possible it's coming back?

·
Administrator
30,586 Posts
Hornady just completed a production run so it should begin showing up on store shelves soon.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
17,792 Posts
Just saw 3 boxes of .308 160gr in my LGS.... Bought one. They also had 8 boxes of Remington .308 150gr.... Bought 2.

·
Super Moderator
17,792 Posts
The Remington Ammo Is Good Out To A Little Over 150 Yds. then It Starts To Tumble. Since Its Not A Gummy Tip It Can Be Left In The Magazine For EXtended Lengths Of Time Without Flattening the Tip. I Keep It On Mine Next To The Bed.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
We got two cases in about 2 weeks ago, seeing 7mm-08 and 243 getting better as well. DP

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The Remington Ammo Is Good Out To A Little Over 150 Yds. then It Starts To Tumble. ..............
Come on, Scorp. You need to show evidence of this phenomenon. Unless your bore is buggered, I am going to call baloney on this.

·
Super Moderator
17,792 Posts
Well, I had good groups with the remi all the way out to 150...( didn't try 175 ) Then at 200 it started spreading (a lot) and keyholing ( every shot ). The Hornady stayed tight and straight all the way out to 400 (furthest I've shot it as yet)...

I got a box of Remington 150 round nose. Out to 150 yards they are acceptably accurate, at 200 they go banannas. The Hornady 160 FTx 160's are astonishingly accurate out to 300. If I hand load, The Hornady 140 grains are hard to find for 308. The 3030 bullets are available. Any thoughts ?

Thanks again, Lou.

Lou had the same trouble as I did...

·
Super Moderator
17,792 Posts
Alright... This isn't very scientific... Just a paper plate with an X drawn on it with a sharpie. I set the paper plate out at 200 yds, stager loaded my 308 ( 1 round remi, 1 round hornady, 1 round remi, 1 round hornady, 1 round remi, hornady in the chamber ). Fired them. 1st round on the X, 2nd round 7.5" left and keyholed, 3rd round on the X, 4th round 5" high and keyholed, 5th round on the X, 6th round 7" high and keyholed.... The crown on my barrel looks straight and clean. Is there some kind of gauge to check it? You guys think of anything else to check? Let me know... Thanks...

Reactions: Brocky

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
After just Purchasing a 308MX, I went on the Hunt. My local Cabelas had 6 boxes of FTX. They were the only shop in town that had FTX. AND I called everywhere, Gander, Acadamy, Dicks, etc. I did find one gun range that had Remington Core-Loks 150gr. I asked how many boxes he came back with the reply....Dont worry, they will be here. I havent sold any of that in quite some time. Had to knock the dust off of them to see what they were. So, looks like I may have just wiped out my whole city of 308 ME for the time being. Cabelas did have one set of Hornaday Dies though. Picked those up as well. Now for powder....

Hayden.

·
Registered
267 Posts
graf and sons has 308marlin at $27 a box and 338marlin at $30 a box. plus free shipping on 5 boxes or more. I got 5 of each. they also have a lot of primers except for LR. and the price for some is $120 a case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.