Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just called remington today to check on my refund which the check was cut yesterday,how ever i also found out the reciever for that rifle was also in and being repaired ,too bad i want the 92xx i found

·
Registered
846 Posts
So Plumber, Do you think after that statement they are starting to fix the bad ones? I'm really starting to wonder if I should have got a refund. I haven't seen a 338 MX in any of the places I've been. Dennis

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dennis ,you and i have been riding this same trail with marlington since feburary .they think they are being helpful but i believe only half of what i hear .
for instance marlins face book reply was "we are reworking the floor...(yada yada)" and the lady i spoke with says thats not being done.
i believe there is a severe communication problem between ilion and n/c ,which is where the refund checks are sent from.i concluded this from comments like "i have to send an e-mail to illion to have your reciept sent to us" and a week later it is still not in her office ???
i sincerely hope your gun will be fixed and back in your hands soon(before hunting season).
my refund decision was purely based on finding that 92xxxx which is pure marlin,and even though i intend to shoot the hell out of that rifle i think it will fetch a nice price ,should my kids decide to sell it when i take the big dirt nap.
jess

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as far as that goes ,my future plans are to restock my marlins with fancier woods ,from precision gun stocks ,etc .i dont have any plans on buying new marlins

·
Registered
846 Posts
Plumber! It does sound like the same old BS coming from Marlin, I really want a 338 MX and so I'm sure a good one will find it's way to Me someday. I don't have a 35 Rem yet so mabey I'll start looking for one of those. New wood on My old ones sounds good too! Dennis

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
Don't know how close you are to a Cabelas, but as of right now, they have 3 338MX's, 91xxxx with JM proofs in there gun library. Ranging from $474-$599.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts