Marlin Firearms Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Contributing Member
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Are you using a "dead on" hold? Meaning covering the center of the target with the front sight. Do you have more room to go up on the rear sight?

Consistent groups is the key so that is a good thing. You can't figure out much at all until you get them so you're on the right path.

·
Premium Member
16,410 Posts
Sights

Hey Mark,

No issues. Move the rear sight up, until your groups are "centered" for elevation. That is why they are adjustable. One can obtain a different sight/s later. Marlin peep sights

Skinner makes great sights. Only have one pic "through" a peep sight. This would be a KenSight, Diamond Aperture on a 1911 (have two the same), with a "green" fiber optic front. And a pic of CB with Skinner Express. And a couple of targets, from bench:biggrin:

Later, Mark

Attachments

Reactions: Byrd Shot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody know what happend to the first posting in this tread (by Eli Chaps)?
Looks like it was edited to "...." nothing back in Sept of 2014.
Based on the comments - It appeard to be a very useful post - and I has hoping to read it.
Hope some valueable insight was not lost.
Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Eli, thank you so much for the very informative instruction. I knew some of this but not all...and one of the main things I learned is to keep the front sight in focus, not the target. (I only read your original instruction FWIW and it is great.) Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clearly I'm coming to this thread way late. Have a 336CS in 35 Rem. Struggling with adjusting elevation and windage on these stock open sights. Could you point me to sight adjustment instructions for these open sights? Many thanks.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts