Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,
New member from Iowa ... I currently own several Henry rifles ... but my favorite is a Marlin 1895M .450 guide gun. I'm currently looking @ another Marlin and would like some insight giving me a little idea on what this Marlin might worth. It's a 1970 Marlin .444 100 yr Anniversary rifle w/ 24" barrel & medallion. Has been a hunting gun ... has a few imperfections in the wood and a small scratch in the bluing. I've never tried to purchase any type of commemorative type firearm .... any thoughts would be helpful. Thank-you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
15,894 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Welcome to MO. The .444 is a great cartridge.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Aloha, I don't know the value but good condition older models tend to bring more because of the quality issues since remington took over. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
I seen a nice example the rifle you are describing about 6 months ago in my area for $650. I thought about it for two hours before contacting the seller, and by then it was sold. These are rather unique looking rifles with the high comb straight stock. Don't hesitate too long.

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey Law,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana. I can't help on the price of the .444. Check out Gunbroker for similar guns

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! Sounds like a real nice rifle, but don't wait too long or else it will be gone.

Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I broke down ..........

And I ended up buying the Marlin .444 100 yr Anniversary Lever Rifle I was asking assistance on. I will be able to set up w/ my Marlin .450 Lever Rifle.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum from South Jersey

1 - 20 of 35 Posts