Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I'd finally introduce my 1980, .357 Magnum 1894C. She's spent most of her life in the safe and just needed to be noticed!

1894C - Left.JPG

1894C - Right.JPG

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Looks like a nice one. She's happy to be out of the cold, dark safe. Take her outside for some exercise!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Try to wear it out!

Reactions: njcioffi

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Nice! The first thing is to make sure she doesn't get put back in confinement. You can tell by looking at her she just wants to be shot. A lot! :biggrin:

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Crime to keep 'er locked up when so many are willing to show 'er a good time!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Yes!, she need some ... or a lot, of action! She was made for it and she really wants it!

Cheers

Reactions: Chris623

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your kind words. I'll get her to the range soon and report back. However, every time I take her out of her case she just looks too pretty to shoot!

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Beautiful Wood On that Girl.
Wish my '84 looked that Nice.
Remember, Just like Women.... The Prettier they are the More Fun they are to Play with :biggrin:
Take her out on a nice long walk in the Woods & like a Good Girlfriend, She'll Know when ya wanna Shoot :flute:
Very Nice. Me thinks she Perty,
UncleSarge58

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
DrDyno, did you give up on the .22 mag and go for the .357? If so, I can't blame ya. She's a beauty...and if you reload, cheaper to shoot anyway lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's like sayin' your date is too purdy to dance with!! :hmmmm:
HA! :congrats:

It's not that I don't want to dance with her... I don't want to have to clean her up after the party! :vollkommenauf:

Reactions: Chris623

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
DrDyno...no offense, but that's not a good excuse! Shoot that thang!:biggrin:
Or send it off to me for a much needed vacation! I'll give her the work out she's been dreamin of and I'll clean her up good when im finished!:flute:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT... we're on our way to the range, this morning! I was going to take the Camp 9 but you fellas have convinced me it's time to get physical with Ms. 1894!

I'll report back later.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DrDyno, did you give up on the .22 mag and go for the .357? If so, I can't blame ya. She's a beauty...and if you reload, cheaper to shoot anyway lol
NJCioffi,

Still looking for that 22 WMR (probably a Marlin 922m). The 1894 is my first lever gun but, as you've read, once I got her home, she just seemed too cute to shoot! However, y'all have convinced me to give it a go and it's off to the range this AM.

Relative to reloading, I'm too old and set in my ways to start down the reloading path. Ammo was just too cheap for too many years.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If you are truly planning on getting "physical", please spare us the details. Some of us might blush! :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Relative to reloading, I'm too old and set in my ways to start down the reloading path. Ammo was just too cheap for too many years.
A rifle in 357 Mag is one of the most ammo hungry guns there is. I thought the same way until I started shooting mine. It doesn't take long to burn through a box of ammo for one and you'll be wanting more. I've owned 22 Mags and the 357 is just so much more fun.

Oh, and the smile might come off your face in a week or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is a 1980 too, purchased from a forum member. Practically new, well cared for, I really enjoy taking her out to the range.

She's a keeper.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts