Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Just wanted to introduce myself, been a longtime lurker and finally decided to join up. My first deer rifle was a 336 marlin, let her go in college and got into black rifles for a long time. Now I am older and wiser, gone back to the Marlin. Have another on lay away that was a pre remarlin. Mine current go to rifle can be seen at: http://www.opensourcesurvival.com/?p=475

Just got my Ranch Dog mold and sizer, hope to get to loading and casting this month! Anyway nice to be amongst fellow Marlin lovers.

Brotherat

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Very well written article .. and my thoughts are the same on that topic..

Welcome to MO.. we have a Tactical Marlin Forum you may enjoy..

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Welcome to the mayhem ;D

Kinda hard to argue against a 336 in 30-30 for an all around gun. They just work.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Brotherat, welcome to MO! Enjoy yourself here. You chose wisely on firearm and caliber, don't get any better than that for what the gun is intended use is. Take care, John.

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Welcome to MO.

We share a lot of the same opinions. I believe the Marlin 336 30-30 to be the best all-around general purpose centerfire rifle currently available. Although one of my .22LR's would be my very last rifle I'd give up, my 336W would likely be the very last centerfire rifle I'd give up. Although my stubby 36G is growing on me a lot. ;D

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Welcome to MO and thanks for the link to OSS. I clicked over there and spend awhile reading articles. Well done.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Brotherat,

Welcome to MO's.......great write up! I too share many of your views and opinions.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Welcome to MOs from NE Florida.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome! Enjoyed the article. All but one family member has a 30-30 in thier arsenal. But we consider him not all there anyways. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts