Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been a lurking member for a while now. I finally broke down and bought a 336CS in 30-30. I've wanted one for a long time. My dad has always been a Winchester 94 fan, but I didn't like shooting his with that side scope thing.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and say I'm the proud new owner of a Marlin 30-30. It shoots great and I'm happy with it. :D I'm already getting an itch to get the 444.

BTW, I really enjoy this forum; lots of good info in here.

Cya,
Rick

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'll bet you dont stop with the 30-30 and 444 :lol: It is a real sickness!!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Welcome

...and congradulations on your Marlin purchase. besides the scope mount deal the ease of cleaning is nice also. A freind with a 94 field stripped his once and says he'll never do it again. Hard to imagine when you're used to one bolt to field strip a Marlin.
I mainly used 336's in 35Rem. But I have a 444 now, still need to give it good work out. Don't shoot or reload as much as I used too...rambling..
..again welcome and enjoy your Marlin.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
rrog,

Welcome to the very best Marlin site on the net. AND welcome to the Marlin club. I am a 444 nut after first getting a thuty thuty for my birthday a few years back. What a blast!!!

Dave 8)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
rrog,

Good to have you on the board, and congrads on the 30WCF, A true classic. As someone else said, it won't stop with the .444 so get ready...

SS

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome to the site. Look around a little more. Then you will go from adding rifle cartridges to adding pistol cartridges. Those 1894's are pretty sweet as well. 30-30, 444, 45-70, 44Mag I just keeps on going.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome to the board. Marlinitis is a serious disease and caution should be taken. You HAVE to add a new Marlin to your arsenal every now and then or you will go plain loco.

Don't try and tell us it won't happen toyou, because it's too late...you already have one. So, just accept it and start looking for that 444.

Glad to have you :D

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
.....And you probably think we're kidding about the Marlinitis thing. We've all been there, laughed about it, then suddenly you have three or four and there's no going back. 1894's, 336's, 1895's, they all cast a spell. It got so bad for me I had to buy another gun safe, so they could all hang out together. It's like an elite country club in there, but a lot less stuffy. I have my favorites, but I love them all. Now if I could just shoot as well as they do..... :roll:

Oh, and welcome to my favorite forum. Pull up a chair, and feel free to take off your shoes. In cyberspace, no one can smell your feet! :lol:

Papajohn

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you want to have some real fun, ask if you should get a .444 or a 45-70..........the .444 people always seem to have to compensate somehow :lol: (kidding!)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tubbythetuba said:
Welcome to the forum. If you want to have some real fun, ask if you should get a .444 or a 45-70..........the .444 people always seem to have to compensate somehow :lol: (kidding!)
No thanks, I'm no troll! I've been lurking long enough to know better than that. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome. And if that "Marlinitis" is anything like it is for Rugers or Glocks, I'm in real trouble...

Thanks again,
Rick

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Sidespin said:
Tubby, I dare you to post that on the BBB!

SS
Nope......I've been in enough trouble this year, Sir..... Truth be told, I'd love to have a .444 someday........ after I've already bought all the useful calibers :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts