Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the program this evening & a guy brought a newspaper artlcle, (current) about John Dillinger's last bank robbery in 1934. It took place in South Bend, Indiana. This guy's brother was a paper boy back then & he heard gunfire so he went to the sound, where they were robbing the Merchant's Bank. He eventually picked up 2 45 autos, a 38spl, & a 35 remington case. The rifle case was really old, having a headstamp, "35 REM-UMC" dating back as far as 1916, but the pistol cases were more modern, being nickel-plated & with sealer around the primers. At least that's what the expert said. Homer Van Meter was Dillinger's man outside the bank, & known to use a .35 Remington chambered firearm. Anyway they were unable to authenticate the fact the cases were from the bank robbery. I just thought someone on this forum would like to hear this account. jd45

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Pretty cool. Especially if they could verify them. Thanks for the heads-up,I'll keep an eye out in 3 years when it airs here.lol.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Macoz, maybe you can go to the History Channel/ Pawn Stars website & do a search for that segment of the episode & you won't have to wait the 3 years! (God, I can't believe it!) Anyway, good luck, jd45

1 - 3 of 3 Posts