Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got around to working on a couple of rifles of mine today, and part of that effort was installing the RPP Big Loop on my beloved .35 rem, ha! I have to say the loop fit perfectly, and no minor fitting of any kind required that the instructions said may have to be done on some rifles. Works slick in her cycling on the bench, and if I noticed anything different it may be that the locking plunger is slightly tighter/spring tension when closing the loop, but nothing major at all. For all I know, that may go away with more use, and my old one just worn in well over all these years. I'm going to try to get out with my son tomorrow to put a few rounds down range.
Anyway, so far it feels great, looks cool, and I'm a happy camper... :biggrin:
I was asked to share pics after installation, so let me see if I can do that... a first for me, so let's see what happens. My son took a couple for me with his cell phone...

The 35 rem - RPP Loop 2.jpg The 35 rem - RPP Loop 1.jpg

1,875 Posts
Sorry for the late reply but we JUST saw this post. The RPP Marlin loop lever looks GREAT on your rifle. So happy to hear that you had no issues and are pleased with the upgrade. BW very nice cow hide gun case. Wow! Have a great weekend!! :)

Reactions: AZsparrow

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late reply but we JUST saw this post. The RPP Marlin loop lever looks GREAT on your rifle. So happy to hear that you had no issues and are pleased with the upgrade. BW very nice cow hide gun case. Wow! Have a great weekend!! :)
Hey thanks, I really like your loop... it's just right to me, and might have to add more later, ha! I bought that case back in the mid-1970's for a 30-30, but my .35 rem took it over. The outside is alternating bands of colored leather hide sewn together. Wish I had bought a couple more way back then... :biggrin:
Thanks again for the fast service and a great product.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good and opens it up quite a bit. I like that strap also, I haven't seen one like that before.
Conrad
Thanks, the loop does feel good too, not too big like some to me.
That strap/sling you mention is called a "Bayou Sling." I didn't want to drill and install studs in that .35 rem (or my others), so got this to avoid all that; easy to remove when not wanted as well. Only one of my Marlins has studs installed actually, the newer 444P in the one pic, and usually didn't miss having a sling on my levers, but getting older and figured in might come in handy occasionally for me... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
I just saw this today myself. That loop looks great! Now I need a Skinner sight AND one of those!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just saw this today myself. That loop looks great! Now I need a Skinner sight AND one of those!
Thanks kraynky. It's funny, one of things I was going to do the day I took these pics was to also install my new Skinner "Alaskan" on that .35 rem that I had ordered; show that off too, ha! At the last minute I reluctantly decided to wait until after my hunt trip coming up, leaving this weekend for Fall Turkey, and then Elk starting the very next day in the same area... camping for two weeks. It had suddenly occurred to me that I wasn't sure how much ammunition (or time) I might need for sighting that Skinner in, filing down new front sight a bit at a time if needed, etc., etc. Sooo... I just changed magazine followers, installed the RPP loop, cleaned 'em up, etc. Probably should have ordered the sight earlier in the year and planned ahead a little better... kinda' wanted to try it out up there this year.
Murphy's Law coming into play scared me I guess... :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts