Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW, check this auction result over at GB: 442236426 . Unbelievable.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks like some know more about this firearm than most. Only ten made. Couple grand or more for a new python with thousands made, math seems right for this one.

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Nice revolver...but I can think of a lot better ways to spend 41,000 dollars

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
An Uncle who retired as a police officer had a 3 inch barrel Python he picked up when he went detective. He let me shoot it when I lived with him and his family for a little over a year. He had sent it out to Texas for an action job. Best revolver trigger ever. One of my uncles from Alaska carved a set of ivory grips for it with a filler style behind the trigger guard. The grips were then checkered by a guy who was found by Kings. It counted for a kind of PPC shooting he did and he won locally. His was not a safe queen. The blue was worn bare at spots and thousands of rounds throught it. Fine firearms. Wish they were within reach.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I would have insisted on dinner first!:ahhhhh:

·
Premium Member
15,451 Posts
that would buy a lot of Marlins

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The price of Pythons is ridiculous right now, I got lucky and snagged one for $700, couldn't get the money out fast enough. Outstanding shooters but I don't need to take a second mortgage out on my house for a gun.
Python 1.jpg
Here is my lucky find

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
An Uncle who retired as a police officer had a 3 inch barrel Python he picked up when he went detective. He let me shoot it when I lived with him and his family for a little over a year. He had sent it out to Texas for an action job. Best revolver trigger ever. One of my uncles from Alaska carved a set of ivory grips for it with a filler style behind the trigger guard. The grips were then checkered by a guy who was found by Kings. It counted for a kind of PPC shooting he did and he won locally. His was not a safe queen. The blue was worn bare at spots and thousands of rounds throught it. Fine firearms. Wish they were within reach.
He probably sent it to Reeves Jungkind. Jungkind was the firearms instructor for Texas Department of Public Safety, and the premier Colt Python guru back in the day. There is/was no better Python 'smith than he was...........

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
$41,000 and change for a collectors firearm. Hmm........That settles it, I am NOT a collector. Anything over $500 is beyond what I am willing to spend on anything other than a new ride!

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
He probably sent it to Reeves Jungkind. Jungkind was the firearms instructor for Texas Department of Public Safety, and the premier Colt Python guru back in the day. There is/was no better Python 'smith than he was...........
Or Teddy Jacobson, Actions by T. Sugarland Texas. He was THE action man back in the day.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Just bought 2 Uberti 1873 Cattleman El Patron competition pistols that I paid $40K less for and like more. Just got into cowboy action shooting. There is nothing more fun.It's a real hoot. Oh they are .357/38 specials.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The price of Pythons is ridiculous right now, I got lucky and snagged one for $700, couldn't get the money out fast enough. Outstanding shooters but I don't need to take a second mortgage out on my house for a gun.
View attachment 120453
Here is my lucky find
Beautiful! How long ago did you snag it? And I notice it has gold leaf embossed into the lettering. My 6" with the same lettering ran me a small mortgage about 6-8 weeks ago.

Reactions: Bigdog357

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Thanks Blackbarry, I bought it a couple months ago, Here is my first target with the first six shots off hand. I have S&W and Ruger revolvers this is by far my favorite shooter. This one is not going to be a safe queen, I am going to shoot it and enjoy. Congrats on your 6"

PythTarget.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts