Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
31,674 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners.

Thanks for sharing your story and your fine Marlin. It's a shame you can't take it hunting and further the family heritage of providing for the family. I have my grandfathers old 1894 Winchester built in 1898. Mind you the barrel was shot out when he handed it down to my father who had it bored to 32 Special. Yet, the old Winnie has a lot of life in her and I or my daughter still hunt with it occasionally.

Here is my daughter shooting it at the range recently. She will inherit it soon enough as my eyes are getting a tad tired for peeps. Not to mention... I can't seem to keep her paws off the rifle anyway. :flute:

Jack

Gun Shooting sport Sport venue Shooting range Benchrest shooting

· Administrator
31,674 Posts
No, it is essentially hers now but she doesn't know it quite yet. I plan on making it official real soon and more than likely will post a thread dedicated to the event. I mean, how many times does one get to witness a forth generation enjoy a family heirloom? And it is a real shooter too. It certainly does my heart good to witness her strong enthusiasm while shooting it and tell it's story to the crowd it draws at the range. :biggrin:

For rust removal, +1 to Roe (Barenjager). Another method that has worked well for me is this little product: Big 45 Frontier Metal Cleaner

Works like a charm.

I hope to see you post a range report with pictures someday... soon.

Jack

Reactions: oleroy and Ret_Eng

· Administrator
31,674 Posts
That is totally awesome! How many generations will this rifle see?
If you're referring to me there is no telling but I highly suspect several more the way we take care of firearms. I've taught my daughter well but I must say, she has a tremendous respect for this rifles heritage being her great grandfathers. She loves family and loves speaking to the range crowd that gathers asking questions when we pull it out. I used to take the lead but now just step back and listen to her tell the story. Of course, the guys hang on her every word too. HA!

Jack

Reactions: oleroy and Ret_Eng
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.