Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inherited 2 marlin rifles last year. Confused on year manufactured. I know the usual dating process but these I a not sure of. The first one looks to be a centennial ( has medallion) and the serial starts with 70 then a space then rest of the numbers. The second one is a 336 in .35 and the serial number starts with a 70•••••. I have my thoughts but would like opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I agree. Both should be '70 production.

I've never seen a '69 with the space, but the '70s that I've seen and owned sometimes have a bit of a space between the prefix and serial.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. That is what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. Having to date and value rifles for the family. I believe I am good on the rest. They belonged to my father in law and I got them instead of his kids. He would always use the .35 and -until I got one of my own- let me use the .39-30. Which is awesome because the 2 of us are the only ones to shoot either of them. He bought both new.

·
Registered
21,359 Posts
Did I miss the pictures?
Same here! Just one more site problem we'll have to talk to the mods about... pictures not showin' up!:biggrin:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Did I miss the pictures?
Same here! Just one more site problem we'll have to talk to the mods about... pictures not showin' up!:biggrin:
IMO, this forum does a great job with the photos. I spend a lot of time on ingunowners.com. Their way of handling photos is confusing, complicated, and unreliable. You folks are experts compared to that forum's system.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I couldn’t post pictures from my phone. Sorry guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.