Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon all. I have just picked up a Glenfield model 36 and need some info on it. I will come back and post a picture tomorrow, but for now, i am having trouble finding accurate info on this rifle. It is a Glenfield, Model 36, 30-30 serial number is Z22XXX. Can anyone enlighten me? Also, thank you for allowing me to join this group. I have read a lot of threads here but just joined today.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! We're glad you've joined us! Some model 36 experts will be along shortly I'm sure! John

Reactions: fanof336

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Shooting sport Recreation Circle Pattern Precision sports
THis is just a little fun with my Revelation model 200M. Zero at 50 yards. The three groups with daylight in them were standing. I think this is one of the finest Marlins I have ever shot. The Glenfield model 36 is a curiosity to me. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also have a Model 36 Glenfield that I found several years ago in a small area gun shop. I have asked for info in several different places online and like you so far..I can't seem to get any good answers on its "story."

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
The Glenfield series was made as a lower cost Marlin with birch stocks and the older style dove tail iron sights found on Marlins in the 40s and 50s. They were sold at LGSs, auto parts, and hardware stores back in the day. I believe that the Glenfield Model 36 was sold between 1964-1965 before being replaced by the Glenfield Model 30 in 1966. There are several different types of Glenfields made over the years--Texans with the straight handled stock, 20 inch barreled carbines with a full length magazine tube, a sporter style carbine with the 1/2 length tube magazine---etc. Online gun sale site prices for Glenfields usually run between 250-450 bucks depending on condition, model type, and accessories (such as a Marlin factory scope). This is not a complete history of the Glenfield but hopefully it sheds some light what your Marlin is. I have a Glenfield Model 30A made in 1981 and its a great shooter.

Reactions: fanof336

·
Registered
21,083 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!! Good shooting! That's a keeper!
The model 36G(Glenfield)was made for two years,1964&1965 in.30-30 cal.. Then the 36G became the model 30 in 1966. Then the model 30A and then 30AS.
I think all had birch stocks except some of the 1964 36Gs had walnut. A few .35 REM were made in the model 30.
Like Ret_Eng and others said.
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome Aboard

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.