Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just "finished" restoring my Model 80 that I got for Christmas back about 1960. It had been held for me by my cousin for many years. Just yesterday I noticed that I had overlooked the broken "cartridge guide spring" which broke sometime in the '60's. The gun seemed to load OK, but now I wanted to replace it. So I went to the Numrich website and found that they were "out of stock", but were selling for $4.95 when they had them. This morning I Googled "Marlin Model 80 cartridge guide spring" and found them on Amazon and they were "in stock". Guess what? They were $7.95 and supplied by Numrich....... Good 'ol American Capitalism. I bought it. But at a 60% markup.

Reactions: nfowler

·
Registered
21,083 Posts
Sometimes "out of stock" just means a week or two... Worth the wait IMO unless you need it NOW!

Reactions: Blackbarry

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Getting your old rifle up and running, "priceless".

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I just "finished" restoring my Model 80 that I got for Christmas back about 1960. It had been held for me by my cousin for many years. Just yesterday I noticed that I had overlooked the broken "cartridge guide spring" which broke sometime in the '60's. The gun seemed to load OK, but now I wanted to replace it. So I went to the Numrich website and found that they were "out of stock", but were selling for $4.95 when they had them. This morning I Googled "Marlin Model 80 cartridge guide spring" and found them on Amazon and they were "in stock". Guess what? They were $7.95 and supplied by Numrich....... Good 'ol American Capitalism. I bought it. But at a 60% markup.
If you Google specific items you can sometimes run into "dead links". Your item will show "in stock" and when you go to the actual site it is not in stock. This can happen. Also - it can depend on the supplier. Numrich probably buys from a large number of suppliers. They may get a batch from one supply for one price - and when it runs out the replacement batch may cost more - especially if coming from overseas. Some of this can be shipping costs as well. In case you noticed - stamps keep going up as do other postal rates. It all rolls into an ever increasing price. :hmmmm:

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Less than $10? I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.