Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The reason I might consider doing this is because of this dang Air Rifle. After six months of cocking this thing 40 or 50 times a day my right arm is gonna make Popeyes look like a tootpic.

I must say - with this "Little jewel" ( little - right ) you earn your shots after about 10 or 15 break and *****.

I figure if I was to get in a fight and was able to land one good punch with my right fist it would be devestating.

Oh well, one of those pipe dreams your always hearing about.

Just a little side story. After cocking this thing I don't know how many many many many many times last Saturday afternoon in a shooting session with the grand kids I got talked into going bowling for the first time in over 45 years. About the 7th frame of the second line my right arm literally quit working well at all. No strength left to hurl that round 4,000 pound rock down the ally. I did good to finish that line and was dumb enought to start a third. Needless to say gutter balls and open frames abounded.

Note to self, note to "old" self - Don't Air Rifle and bowl in the same day.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
This is why the pre charged pneumatics are so popular. Plus you can pump some of them from
a scuba tank.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dude...you need to get a steroid Benji 392 next! lol No, really...you'll love it!
Can't do that - trade 950 fps for 685 fps ... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz I wouldn't have as bad azz a gun then .... lol Don't know that trading 4 or 5 easier pumps for one harder one comes out better in the overall scheme of things ...

This is why the pre charged pneumatics are so popular. Plus you can pump some of them from
a scuba tank.
Like the line from "Days of Thunder":
  • No, sir! Can't use 'em. Don't want 'em. Can't afford 'em. ( talking about race car drivers )

That's kinda they way I am about PCP guns. Expensive and just more stuff to keep up with to keep them going.

I am going to enjoy the extra workout. ( I keep telling myself that ) It will be alright after I work my arm into shape for making a load motion my arms haven't made since days in the weight room several years ago.

Got a Benjamin Titan in today. Much easier to cock ... But not near the power either ...

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have found I enjoy shooting guns more than I enjoy farting around with them.
Spring guns are cheap and that's good but not all PCP guns are $2k either.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Better change arms once in a while so you don't look freaky.

·
Registered
304 Posts
No need to join one of those gyms, nor get a personal trainer when you have a springer! :ahhhhh:

Spring piston air rifle =
affordable shooting
marksmaship training skills
pricless entertainment
one hell of a work-out
gotta luv-em!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No need to join one of those gyms, nor get a personal trainer when you have a springer! :ahhhhh:

Spring piston air rifle =
affordable shooting
marksmaship training skills
pricless entertainment
one hell of a work-out
gotta luv-em!
Part of the affordable shooting is you can only shoot "X" amount of rounds before you become totally physically fatigued and comatose due to a lack of oxygen and consequently the ammo usage stops.

This is kinda like Microsoft saying one of their bugs or anomalies is a "FEATURE" of Windows.

You really don't have this problem shooting .22LR's.

But you always have to look at the Black Cloud in the Silver Lining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts