Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 1894SS off a member here about a month ago. Well my brother called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to meet him at swan creek rifle range. We met up at 6 a.m. He brought his 300 blackout AR and his 1973 model 1894 44 with the octagon barrel. I brought Liberty(Miss Belle), so named since our first date to the range was on Memorial Day, my 1980 model 1894c, my savage 24v in 357 magnum over 20 gauge, and my stainless ruger 10-22 takedown. We had a great time with the 300 blackout and finally got it sighted in. My brother had never shot the savage 24v in 357 and he had a ball. I am always amazed at how accurate they are. We shot his 1894 octagon next and it is a certifiable tack driver. We shot the 1894c a good bit as well and it was fun as always. Now for what you have all been waiting on a range report with pics from Miss Belle. I wish I had good things to report but we never got her sighted in. The elevation would not adjust enough. It was still shooting 6 inches high. So I did what any self respecting marlin owner would do. I came home and installed my xs lever rail ghost ring sight. I also snapped a pic of what she will look like after I mount the leupold hog 1-4x 20 scope with pig plex reticle. I will sight in the ghost ring in the next week or so and then final mounting and sighting of the leupold after that. Now I am going to make her a red white and blue Paracord sling. How do you like her?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Lookin good! :top: :congrats:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
That should do it! Beautiful rifle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.