Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, not really new but he to posting here. Found this 35 Remington and just sort of made the decision to go for it head first without really doing any research. Seller said he thought it was made in 1985, but based not he lack of cross bolt safety I don’t believe that could be correct. Anyways, enjoy some pictures and hopefully someone could pass along some information to assist in just getting me up to speed on this. I’m looking forward to taking this out and chasing some white tails.
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun
Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Shotgun
Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Revolver

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can't make out the first letter of the serial number, but it is either a N, U or V. This would make it either a 1956, 1961, or 1962 model.
They are a sweet rifle and caliber. Congrats.
Andrew
It's a little light, but it looks like a "W" to me. If so, that puts it at 1963. No matter which, it is a nice, older rifle.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome, that looks like a fine rifle.
There's nothing wrong with an impulse buy. That's how I ended up with one of my 35 Rems.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
I would've "impulsed" that one too! Fantastic looking rifle. I really like the finish on the wood. I'm jealous of that one. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome, and what a way to start out. Pictures of a great old 35

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcome and all the feedback about the age! Looking forward to getting it out and seeing how it shoots. I don’t currently reload but starting the process to learn and gather the tools.

Zach

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.