Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking out loud...
I have a 444P and a 1965 444. The 65 has the Monte Carlo stock with the high comb. Using a scope on both, the 65 settles into my cheek weld more naturally.
I'm wondering if I could get someone to make a lace on bullet carrying sleeve for the stock on the 444P that would look cool and raise the comb and not look stupid?
Or do I just continue to practice a new cheek weld?
Any suggestions out there?
Stoutstuff

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Stoutstuff; You could purchase an aftermarket buttstock with a cheek piece....or, as I saw an old gunsmith do many years ago....get a piece of matching grain wood and wittle a new cheeck piece from that then glue it to the stock. (It was hard to tell that it was done....the old guy was a real artisan!!!).............probably your idea is the simplest and cheapest way to go, and I am sure if there are any leather workers in you area, they could probably make one up for you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Midway or Natchez sells a foam peice that you stick on the top to raise the comb. They come in three heights. It wouldn't be as nice as a leather cuff, but simlper. S.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've seen leather and synthetic fabric cheek pads in Brownells, Midway and a few other online catalogs...do an online search and something will come up. Cheek pads for M1 Garands are popular.

Yuu might check Boyd's and Richards Micro-fit for a U-finish stock.

LUCK

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
This works well for me, a ¾”cheek riser

From Levergun Leather – one of our Industry Partners. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts