Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, has anyone ever imported hunting rifles from Canada into the US? I've checked the ATF websites and I've seen the forms needed only problem is that they state you NEED to have it imported from a dealer up in Canada (this case Ontario) to a licensed FFL here in the US http://www.questarinternational.com/contact.html. I've searched online and found a handful of firearms import export guys that do international. This seems so extravagant to me because they are already in my name in ontario (they are from my father). I've found 1 I/E company somewhat near them I have to call them and see if they are still in business as I've already sent an email and no response yet (Contact Us). So from what I've read these guys import from Barrie Ontario (60miles north of my folks) to Port Huron MI and its around $200 per firearm. The firearms are worth more to me in memories than the money they are worth. None are restricted. I've never had a firearm shipped or anything so I'd drive to MI from GA to pick these up. It just really peeves me off I can't bring something I own into my own country.

List:
Beretta A303
Sako .222 Vixen
Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel
1894 Winchester (1902) 38/40 lever
Ruger 25-06

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I would contact the ATF by phone and talk to them and someone in the canadia gov since they are in your name to see if you can just ship to a FFL in your area without going thru a importer.

Reactions: carl_weis2000
1 - 2 of 2 Posts