Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got to looking at the new Skinners and I have to say things have sure been happening! I have been planning on adding a Skinner for my 1894 that doesn't use the front pair of mounting holes as I have the XS lever scout rail occupying those. Wasn't too sure what my options were but when I got onto the web site and saw the new tactical sight made for the 1894 I knew what it was I have to get!! Now to my question, I noticed the new sight sits lower than the regular model. Will this sight work with the XS Lever Scout rail? The rail sits just a hair over 2 tenths of an inch above the top of the receiver. And is it low enough to work with the factory front? I want to replace that anyway so no big deal if it doesn't.
Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
From all I've heard from customers, I think it is working with the rail...

THe center of the aperture sits just over .375" above the top of the receiver (Tactical Sight)

If you want a taller sight, order the 1895 sight which will fit in the rear two holes just fine.

Hope that helps!

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parson said:
From all I've heard from customers, I think it is working with the rail...

THe center of the aperture sits just over .375" above the top of the receiver (Tactical Sight)

If you want a taller sight, order the 1895 sight which will fit in the rear two holes just fine.

Hope that helps!

Andy
Thanks Parson.. I think I know what I am going to do. I have a brass peep I bought off Doc Skinner that is mounted on my 1895 GS now and I think I am going to mount that one on my 1894 as it sits tall enough I am certain to clear the scout mount rail, and then for the GS I am going with the stainless tactical sight. That is the rifle I will most often be dragging along with me and I think the extra protection will be nice (although the one on there now is plenty rugged). Now that I have lived with the brass peep I like brass better on blued rifles, which my 1894 is. Now I just have to let my gun money pot fill back up, kinda got taken down by those 444 raffle tickets and a bunch of 22LR that was on sale! ;D

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Sounds good! A pic would be great when you get it all put together!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts