Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just mounted my ND3 laser on top of my Nikon 3X9X50mm (45-70 Marlin). The "Ham Slamma" will be out there tonight for the first time.
I dont know if you have seen one of these in action,,,,but its the coolest thing I have ever seen when it comes to night hunting hogs.. They are NOTHING like a flash light.
Laser Genetics ND3 SubZero Laser Designator w/ Scope Mount (LG-ND3SZ)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Very nice!! I was just thinking on buying a flashlight like that, but i don't do that much Night hunting!!

But that sure seems a fine concept to try!!

Did you got any luck with it while hunting??

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Looks great, but will it stay together after you pull the trigger?

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I have seen them advertised before let me know how it works I would like to have one to do some night huntin around here!!!!

Reactions: 19570

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sorry to say that I didn't see any hogs this afternoon. I might go again tomorrow.

This light was given to me by a buddy that used it for about 3 years on top of a 308. The only thing I don't like about it is the mount. It will not stay on target that good, but it does OK.

This is one of those items that you have to witness for yourself. The video's you see about this product don't do it justice. It is NOTHING like a flashlight. The beam of green light is very concentrated and can be adjusted from small to large (I guess thats how to explain it)

It is VERY impressive!

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
My friend has one of the bigger ones and you can see like its daylight way out there. The light will not scare the game with the green glow it emits. One of our friends bought one to combat the hogs getting into his garden and killed 3 hogs the first night he had it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
horseshoe: I have one mounted on my 1895G and getting ready for my first hog hunt with the 45-70. I had this Elusive Wildlife Technologies green "kill light" mounted on an AR. It illuminated the pasture out to 200 yards & doesn't spook the wildlife:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kwesi,,,,just to let you know, what I have on my gun is a "Laser",,,not a flashlight. BIG difference!

It creates a bright micro beam of green laser light visible up to 3 miles. For a little more money,,its the way to go.

·
Registered
211 Posts
wow! that's a bunch of optics. so cool, please give us a hunt report after.

·
Registered
279 Posts
ruger1: is that one of the mounts that Wildlife Technologies provides? Any concerns about damaging the scope?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I think the scopes are solid enough for the light mounts. I've had them there but the under the barrel mount is SOO much slimmer. The guns get huge with the scope mounted system. I just didnt like it going through the brush although we have beat the lights up under the muzzle too so both work. It's just a matter of preference. Id set it up both ways and see what you like.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No problem with damage at all. It fastens on quick and I like it mounted to the scope so when I point it the beam it's right where the cross hairs are. I have both momentary and end button switchs (as shown). When stand hunting I like the end button and turn it on pointed up and bring the light down over the hogs and they don't scatter like when you just turn it on pointed at them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
No problem with damage at all. It fastens on quick and I like it mounted to the scope so when I point it the beam it's right where the cross hairs are. I have both momentary and end button switchs (as shown). When stand hunting I like the end button and turn it on pointed up and bring the light down over the hogs and they don't scatter like when you just turn it on pointed at them.
Can you post a pic of the other side so I can see how you are running the cord for the two switches?

·
Registered
74 Posts
guide guns 006.jpg Here you go. I mount the the switch so I can operate it with my thumb. I just tape it in place each time and it works well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The long cord works well with the light mounted on top. The cord seems in the way with the light below the muzzle. Thx!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ok. I looked at some lights, lasers. I was impressed by the lasers. I did end up buying the light because I can't mount it on the rifle here. The light beam is a little more forgiving holding the light manually.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts