Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a scope that I can mount with quick release rings that sits right in front or near my ghost ring site. I don't think I want a full scout scope way out front. Anything you guys can suggest that fits my wants?

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
Yes that is the VX-2 #119621 and was discontinued last year though can possibly still be found NOS as well as used. This was replaced by the VX-Freedom #175074 with a few small improvements and a new look. Last year you could buy the variable scope for less than the fixed FXII and I paid around $200 for that one IIRC.

The guns are JM 336Y Spikehorn models and were only made for a few years so are very hard to find. The top gun was converted to a straight stock so has a regular length of pull. FWIW I did not like how heavy and bulky the scout scope was on the gun and sold it a few months ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
The VX-R is a nice scope but the regular Leupold scout should work fine for your application. All are IER scopes. The old Burris scout scopes are nice too, not the new junk made overseas but the old ones that were made in the U.S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.