Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Shot the tube 17 years ago.
I see blips every now and then. Right now, on the team I has season seats to in the 80's, now has a blatant bigot on the team.
Even in Monte Hall gave me a TV, Id not watch the local sports collective.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I have been a Dallas Cowboy fan since my youth but in the last 10 or 15 years I have continued to lose interest due to constantly seeing players arrested for abusing women, drugs, alcohol, shootings, committing assaults and on and on. I recently read that over 50% of current players have committed felonies. Its now a game played by thugs and gang members. I remember when it was a game played mostly by what I thought were honorable men, Roger Stauback, Bob Lilly, Randy White etc. The latest protest BS has sealed the deal for me, I didn't watch much anyway and it just allows me more time to walk in the woods.

·
Super Moderator
23,684 Posts
I have never been a sports fan.
I watched football very little when I was young.
I remember that I had a Roger Staubach # 12
Cowboy's jersey someone gave me though.

Football season is hunting season so I don't recall
as I've watched a game in 20 years or so.
In Texas, time the games come on each year, the
hogs are out and running, coyotes calling is good
and it's time to get ready for deer season.
So, I got plenty to do without wasteing my time
watching a fool ball game.
I love hunting fridays and sundays when the football
fans are glued to the idiot box.

·
Premium Member
14,354 Posts
Only times I've watched NFL is if NC Panthers were playing. And I'm usually disappointed even then. Never cared much for ball games.

I prefer to watch any form of motorsports/and racing.......... because it's a SPORT, and requires more than one ball.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Professional sports (except firearm shooting sports) are STOOOOOPID and only brainwashed idiots spend their time obsessing about it. Seriously, get a meaningful life

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I will watch the Cowboys if they all come out of the locker room and stand for the Anthem. I bet all the teams would stand for the Anthem if they started docking their pay. The way I look at the situation is if the players do not stand for the Anthem then it is a slap in the face to me and all freedom loving Americans so I say the ball is in their court.

·
Super Moderator
11,786 Posts
The ONLY football game I will watch the entire year is the annual Army-Navy game but that is only because I have a vested interest in that. Otherwise I find nearly all televised sports a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Too make matters worse.....Many stadiums are largely built using both local and state tax dollars. That really burns me. Why should I help build a stadium for spoiled wealthy players and owners?

Padraig

21 - 30 of 30 Posts