Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, it was a job- but the interaction was a personal thing. There’s nothing wrong with admitting when something doesn’t feel nice. Not trying to be dramatic here- but I’m not gonna pretend it felt nice. I agree- I’m moving along just fine. No need to get waspy about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The fact that you have reached out to the forum for reassurance tells us that you are a conscientious employee/person.

My first boss used to tell me that "life is tough in the big city", how true those words are, especially today.

If you were not an asset to the company, the new job offer would not have come your way.

If you were not an asset to the company, the former employer would not have been so upset by your departure.

Repeat after me " life is tough in the city", now hold your head up high and get to work on time to provide for your family.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My understanding is it means irritable, easily agitated- like a wasp nest. I’ll get over it. I might just take longer than the average guy.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I think you probably did yourself a great big favor. If they treated you like that now, it would only get worse. I wouldn't give that clown another thought. They wouldn't take a pay cut for you.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
vokeyz,

True Colors. If this is the way you were treated when exiting, then it is easy to understand the "caustic environment" of the day to day workplace. Small businesses can get away with such employee treatment. Managers in publicly traded firms would not last long if they treated their staff that way.

The #1 reason people voluntarily leave a job: "Their Boss", #2 the work place environment, and #3 the other employees.

You described all of the classic signs of a business that will continue to churn through people. Training, there it is, go figure it out with no real organized best practices, protocols, and procedures to aid new employees in their path to success. Only intimidation tactics for leadership style.

Good choice to break clean. I hope you find other employment soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here’s one for you. I walked the director’s office put my keys and company phone on his desk and said I’m done. When my final check came there was no accrued vacation time paid. Called HR to ask why. ‘We don’t pay that when you are terminated for violating company policy.” I didn’t give two weeks notice so they logged it as a termination. Had I given two weeks notice I would have been told to turn in my equipment and go home.

·
Registered
708 Posts
the techniques of psychological manipulation and submission are part of a managerial and paternalistic non-culture which is unfortunately hard to die. today it is generally manifested in a more politically correct way, even if the substance does not change. clearly making guilty those who do not comply is ancient history. you decide whether to continue to feel guilty victim or to let them be carried away by the wind of their own behavior_
said that, you pay your bills, you feed your Family, and nobody else will pay it for you: soldier on, and be happy

21 - 28 of 28 Posts