Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gave me a new Garmin for Christmas. Updated maps, great graphics, a bit slow (tells me to turn a half-block too late sometimes).

I like the new Garmin. But the two choices of voice are awful. I can have either the New York Dike or the Verbal Fry California-Girl..."Mag a u-durn" or "Mek a U-Tyrrrrrn" (I'm using the bull dike, because I can't stand the verbal fry - but hate both!)

Anyone know if I can buy a upgrade?

And, my wife says I can't hear well...yea, maybe its just her voice I can't hear!
Michael

PS: Forgive my non-PC statements about the voice girls - I just want another choice.

·
Registered
9,407 Posts
I'd just like one who can correctly pronounce the local street names. my Garmin pronounces "motorway" which is abbreviated "MTWY" as " mat-why":hmmmm:

Having said that, It is a pretty good navigator, especially when this "hick from the sticks" has to go to the big smoke.

Cheers,
Mark.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
When i'm going somewhere in my car i always choose a destination on my gps in the opposite direction of where i'm actually going.
This way i hear a womans voice nagging the whole route to my destination:
Make a u-turn
Turn right up to the highway
Make a u- turn NOW
Turn meft NOW
It's like i have company in the car.. a familiar feeling
The nagging all the time reminds me of my ex-wife :flute:

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
When i'm going somewhere in my car i always choose a destination on my gps in the opposite direction of where i'm actually going.
This way i hear a womans voice nagging the whole route to my destination:
Make a u-turn
Turn right up to the highway
Make a u- turn NOW
Turn meft NOW
It's like i have company in the car.. a familiar feeling
The nagging all the time reminds me of my ex-wife :flute:
:driver::tee::biggrin:

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
As Golphin posted,you can add voices on your Garmin.Just plug it ino your computor with a usb cable.However it does not matter which voice you choose they are all annoying.I do like some of the extra vehicles they have to choose from online.I put the tank on mine:)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
It's kind of stupid but I used to change the vehicle depending on what terrain I was driving on...made sure to switch to helicopter every time I used a new long road that my unit was unaware of before I updated it :flute:
I had downloaded almost all the voices at the time I used a gps and switched them up commonly, they even had holiday themed ones.
All voices and mods were free from garmin website

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Have you heard they have built a new GPS system specially for women?
It says in a low and quiet tone:
"I think we should have turned right on the road we passed a half mile back"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.