17,098 Posts
Hey N,

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Maineiac

·
Registered
18,226 Posts
The guy that originally owned Berti hated him. He was a.357 Mag with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. Looked like a giraffe. Had to pick your elbow up and swing it around just to get it in a holster. It was a genuine Stoeger import, marked 'A Uberti Italy'. Very tight action, very well made. So he got traded a few times by Cowboy Action Shooters, had less than 100 rounds through it. Not even a burn mark on the front of the cylinder, or a turn ring by the locking recesses. Nobody wanted it, an orphan. My FFL bud in NoDak got it in a trade, essentially for free. He gave it to me for the minimum. I ordered a .45 Colt barrel and cylinder from Taylor's. Wanted a .44 Special setup, but they didn't have any in stock. About 4 or 5 hours later, I had a real functioning Spaghetti Peacemaker. Needed to shave .007" off the barrel face and recut the forcing cone, had to fit the cylinder bushing and ratchet teeth. Shoots straight, hits hard, all loads under SAAMI 14,000 PSI. Every house needs an action wrench and barrel vise. Saved Berti from life as an ugly duckling.

Wood Table Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

·
Registered
11,537 Posts
My wife called me yesterday & said we need to get more Ammo, gotta love it, found some close & got a little, while at the Gun shop we ended up with two new pistols too. S&W EZ 9mm for her a 1911 for me.Rough day!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Everyone who collects has one that they wish could talk.
Smith& Wesson #3 "New" Model .44 Russian.
Badly renickled a gazillion years ago, bore is rough and pitted, and it still shoots well at 25 yds.!
Hand made walnut grips that feel like they were for Andre the Giant! LOL
Wood Musical instrument Trigger Auto part Table

·
Premium Member
17,098 Posts
Hey Clocks,

Welcome to MO!

Way to go!!

Some very fine "skratchings" there!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Kendawg
3101 - 3117 of 3117 Posts