Marlin Firearms Forum banner
3081 - 3100 of 3113 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I got a Colt Challenger, early '50s vintage. It is in good condition, not pristine. But reminds me of shooting when I was a kid. My father had one and we would plink out in the woods when we were on vacation. Such a sleek, light pistol, not like some of the 22 autos around these days.

·
Premium Member
18,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,083 ·
S&W 610-3 four-inch. Totally badass, it thinks it's a magnum and hits like one!

·
Premium Member
18,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,087 ·
Here's the same 10mm revolver I posted a few days back, now wearing a set of wooden combat grips that completely change the ergonomics. I don't know who made them, but they look like they grew out of the backstrap, and completely fill my hands far better than the Goodyears did. It's like a whole different pistol.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
OIF2, that Browning got my attention. There are not many handguns I look at I wouldnt change a bit, not yours. Well, maybe just one thing. If it were mine, there would be more wear. Especially like the sights. BHPs were always a favourite of mine.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Another good one. MK III forged frame Browning, with a few custom touches.
Bob

I don't understand why Hi-Powers were discontinued. But there are Turkish copies available through Brownells. I have an old Inglis Hi-Power. I guess with CZ taking over the market and all the other striker-fired 9mm pistols, the old Browning just could not keep up sales wise. Nevertheless, it is a superior gun to most everything that followed. Just because something is newer does not mean it's better.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Took out my Ruger .22's with my daughter to our gun club near Sanford, NC and had a great day shooting lots of RIMFIRES. . All my Ruger .22's have Volquartsen Match Bolts and Triggers . . The 2 PACLITE RUGERS are 8 and 10 inch barrels with all Volquartsen Bolts and lower frames . . . Oh I forgot also had my KIMBER 9mm MATCH PISTOL and my KIMBER .45ACP GOLD MATCH too!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,089 Posts
Hey N,

Wow! JG really built some special 1911's....

You are really fortunate...

Later, Mark

Reactions: NPV

·
Premium Member
17,089 Posts
Hey M,

Wow! What a TRIFECTA!

Really like the grips on the 686!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Recent purchase, S&W Model 60, 3" 357 magnum. Purchased it lightly used, it shoots great! :)

BTW, that 180 grain Buffalo Bore ammo rated at 1,400 fps and 700 ft lbs of energy... Oh My Goodness! That's some serious 357 mag ammo... Dang. I figure if I shoot at a bear with it and don't kill it, the bear will feel sorry for my broken wrist and get me to a doctor. ;)

Guy

·
Premium Member
17,089 Posts
Hey Guy,

What a swell looking revolver!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: M700
3081 - 3100 of 3113 Posts