Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3075 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll start one right here and now! I'll show ya mine if you show me yours................ :eek:

Let's see 'em!

PJ

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more, while I'm here..........

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I just posted my new bottom feeder the other day but here it is again.

And here is one of my revolvers. I dont have a picture of my little rough rider

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts
Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail, .45ACP

My next pistol is going to be a Colt like DThomas's above. That's what I originally wanted, but gave in when I saw this one in the shop.

Probably just as well, since this one is ideal for CCW, and is great for the Georgia heat (Stainless). I want a blued Colt

Reactions: PWB and msharley

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS (.45ACP) with Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS (.45ACP) in Milt Sparks VMII holster

Sig Sauer P226 (.40S&W/.357SIG) with Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Sig Sauer P239 (.40S&W)

Sig Sauer P226 (West German 9mm)

Sig Sauer P225 (9mm)

Kahr Arms PM9 (9mm)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Man... you can really tell the difference between the pictures that were taken before I knew how to use my camera and after I learned a little. ;D I guess I'm going to have to take some new pictures of some of these.

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts
Whatcha talking about? Nice photos, nice pistols...if you want to see a bad photo, see mine...it looks like the finish is uneven or something, which it is not. I'll have to try to take another one soon, now that I have my own camera. I should get some photos with my awesome Bullard holster and belt in there, anyway :)

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
A 1917 vintage commercial Colt 1911. It was Grampa's, then Dad's, now mine. Grampa and Dad shot competitive Bullseye with it and there is no telling how many thousands of rounds have been down the pipe. I remember the very first time I was allowed to shoot it. Grampa drove us down a dirt road on the outskirts of Raymond, NH and we put some old cans up on a wooden fence. Grampa had it stoked with his competition loads, an H&G #130 over some tiny charge of Hercules Bullseye. Real softball loads they were, but I was 8 years old and had only shot .22's up to that point. Old slab sides made quite an impression on this kid.

Grampa was the one that soldered on the Patridge front and bobbed the hammer. No doubt killed any collector value, but no matter... It's priceless to me. I have a lot of handguns that I shoot more, but they are just things. This gun is my heritage.

My ICORE gun. Started life as one of the "Stocking Dealer" 5 inch half lug Hi Viz guns. I had it cut for moons, put a 7 pound DA pull on it and shot it for a season with the factory sights. The V notch rear and round top Hi Viz front were very fast indeed on the close targets, but I felt they were costing me points at distance. I swapped them out for the square top SDM front and a factory white outline rear blade and that's how she sits today.

My 625 USPSA revolver. Drilled the front for a bit of brass rod, swapped in a deeper rear blade, put a 7 pound DA trigger on it and went shooting:

A stock 360, my current carry piece:

A Kimber Stainless Target II with Ed Brown well and a Dawson .090 fiber optic front:

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some really beautiful pieces being shown here. The 1911 is well represented, as it always is, but there are also a lot of nice revolvers. And those SIG's are really calling me.......I think one of those P220's will be following me home when the tax refund gets here!

Keep 'em coming, friends!

PJ

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Some good looking iron there, guys. I'm not much into hand guns, but I have a few I'll have to get out and get pictures. I never miss the chance for a photo opportunity!!

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
C'Mon you guys, I KNOW there are more purty handguns out there than THAT. Let's see 'em! After all, I showed ya mine............ ;)

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mr Marriott, is that a three-inch 686? I'd love to get my hands on one of those, I am a complete sucker for three-inch revolvers.

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Just a Rossi"? Heavens, My Good Man, you're talking about one of the great unsung bargains in the handgun world! :D

And if I had put my glasses on when I looked at the picture, I'd have recognized it from the shape of the grip. Fact is, I have a similar gun, with the same barrel contour, in three-inch trim. Mine is the Model 720 in 44 Special, one of the best ideas Rossi ever had, and a darn shame it was ever dropped. Years ago I had a similar gun from Taurus, I used it for CCW but it had a massive rear right, and it chewed on my love handles like a rabid Chihuahua. I gave it to my son-in-law, who apparently sold it. I mourned it for a few years, and finally lucked into this one, from a guy at work. I offered him $375 for it, which I thought was fair, but he said no. He named his price. I paid it on the spot, the gun still sight unseen, locked in his vault at home. He only wanted $225 for it. Shel nearly had a stroke.

The DA trigger is a little heavy but smooth, and the SA let-off is just right. Not as crisp as a Smith, but not far behind. The adjustable sights are excellent, and I shoot it better than most of my handguns. Trail Boss loads with 200-grain Laser-Cast slugs are suitable for women and smallish kids, and the grip is sized right for most hands. I let a shooter at my range play with it a year ago and he STILL crows about it. It's also strong enough to handle some striving 44 loads, and while I won't quote them here, they involve 240-SWC's and Unique, and they will clean your sinuses and sting your hand. It gobbles them up like a cat takes to sardines.

Just a Rossi? Yeah........like a Camaro is just a car! ;D

1 - 20 of 3075 Posts