Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to buy a Marlin 336 ER this weekend for $250.00! I had never heard of the caliber. It was in .356? Looks like I missed the boat. I also passed on a 44 mag 1894 for 175.00. I am regretting both at the moment. Oh Well! moodyholler

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yeah, the 356s regularly sell for a trifle more than that. Ah, well - ya can't buy 'em all! At least that's what wifey tells me. :wink: SW

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I had the money. Just didn't think it was something worth fooling with. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Hey Moody -

Where's you run across those? Local? Dang, I need to get out of the house more often..... :roll:

Shum8

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have passed up stuff I should have bought, too. I always have a list of things I REALLY want to buy & try to stick to it at the show. Last time our club had a show, I was on my way home from work & stopped to help set up tables. A few vendors were setting up & I helped one wheel in his stock. I & another club member then took chairs around to the tables & when I got to the vendor I had helped, I saw he had an 1899 Sav oct 30-30 laying on the table. For 350, and in VG cond. He said I could have it for 325, but since it was not on my buy list, I let it pass. The other club member had courteously remained out of the conversation, but as soon as I walked on, he snapped it up.

I believe he made a 'modest' profit on it. Ah, well.... SW

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shum8, where you been? must be stayin' cooped up! they were in WV where my Dad lives and I called him and told him to go buy it and it was already gone. Dang it' moodyholler

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
moodyholler said:
Shum8, where you been? must be stayin' cooped up! they were in WV where my Dad lives and I called him and told him to go buy it and it was already gone. Dang it' moodyholler
I'm waitin on school to start back up so I can take a break - there's more stuff around here to do/fix than I can keep up with. Spent all day in the attic yeterday replacing the gable fan and vents.......it was rather warm. When I measured for new vents Fri, it was 140 in the attic with the fan inopperable. Yuck.

Shum8

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad it's you and not me!! moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Sorry for your loss Moodyholler! We all do this at one time, and then another! :wink:
Shum8, you've been up in the hot attic too long! That 140 temp will bake your brain!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yep! Don't overdo the Ward Cleaver bit, shum8 - better go relax & re-hydrate with some canned carbonated beverages! :wink: SW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts