Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope they dont go under. I think the 37 is probaly the finest pump ever built, and id hate to see them become un available

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ithaca Gun, in debt, forced to close its doors

reposted article w/ source
It's quite unfortunate indeed. Never owned an Ithaca myself, but know some that do and can't remember one of them who ever complained.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ithaca is done, read several articles today and it is sad indead. Ithaca wasn't much in the rifle market, but they made great shotguns. They were the first to make the 3-1/2" 10 gauge, which came out in their double barrel, many years ago. They were the first to make a 10 gauge autoloader, the "Mag 10". Of course, they are most famous for their Model 37, which was designed by John M. Browning for Remington and came out as the Remington Model 17.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
As a Corpsman I carried a Mod 37 Riot gun. I loved and trusted that gun. Wish I had it today!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Guy`s,

I live here in upstate New York and am sad to see ithica go but it`s what has beeen happening with most of the better paying jobs around here.there has been 10 or more manufacturing companys go under in the last 4 years and i don`t see any other jobs that will replace them other than a new Mc donalds.It`s sad but clinton got his wish that America is to be a service only economy.

Riflemen10x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I truly feel that the model 37 was the finest pump gun money could buy. Thats one less good company, not many more to go. Marlin, Remington, ruger, winchester is about all we have left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts