Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlin Owner member Dalgo and myself headed out to the range with a case of clays to try out my Ranger. It's a model 90 made by Marlin for Sears. We polished off a case of clays and the 70 year old gun did very well! I did get three light primer strikes along the way which all fired the second try. I'm thinking maybe not fully opening the action might not fully cock the fireing pin. Well i'll strip her down for a full detailed cleaning although it looked pretty good on the inside. I thought maybe I wasn't pushing the safe off all the way, but I don't think thats the problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoyng your "new" Ranger. What shells were you using? While I have not had a problem with my Model 90's, I sometimes get FTF from light primer hits in one of my other guns shooting Remington Game Loads. RGL primers seem to be harder than Winchester and Federal Game Loads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.