Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: I see my Doc tomorrow

My appointment was "precautionary."
My doc had the "new" cholesterol test done on me where the "small particles" that cause plaque are now measured. Under 1,000 is "normal." Mine was 1,277 which is elevated and a worry for a stroke and/or heart attack.
Since I take meds for diabetes and high cholesterol, she changed my diabetes meds and will call me in two weeks to see how I feel and will determine at that time if my cholesterol meds meed to be adjusted. My cholesterol is 155, anything under 200 is good.
I am relieved. Thank you for the prayers. I didn't realize how many MO friends I have.
Bless you all!
Fred

My physician called and needs to see me Monday (8/25) at 8:45am. The last thing she said to me when she handed me the blood draw order was, "If your lab results are normal, you won't need to see me for another six months. If there's a problem, we'll call to have you come back in."

I replied, "So, no news from you is good news for me?"

She said, "Correct."

I figure it's got to be bad news since she didn't say I just needed to come in for additional blood tests.

Hope I'm worried about nothing and I'd really appreciate your prayers. Thanks, Fred

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I find the wait often tough as well as the news. Hope the news is either somehow good or something they can quickly sort. Concerning medicine these are god ole days at least.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
you have my prayers to.

Reactions: montezumaz

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Prayers sent

·
Super Moderator
12,039 Posts
Ya didn't write a rubber check didja Fred?
Did they forget the "white glove inspection"?
:D
Last time that happened to my wife they had some weirdness and just wanted to run teh tests again.
That said I'll send prayers up for you.
Matthew 6:25-26 is my go-to verses on God's love for us.

25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Prayers going out for ya Fred!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Prayers sent Heavenward from Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Banned
651 Posts
Prayers sent. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Stay positive Fred, and you'll be right. I'll say one for you anyway.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Prayers sent up...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts