Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today a friend calls me and asks if I wanna take a ride to a local gun shop. Seems they have a estate sale and have a bunch of re loading stuff at very good costs. I say yes and we go...
I found a lot of loading stuff bullets primers and powder.. I find about $50 in stuff I have to have. ;) (You know how it is I am sure. ;) )
Then I bring it up the register and what do I see on the rack behind the guy??? A short stock and skinny barrel that can only be a PAPOOSE!! :p :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :p :D :bthumb:
It is very good condition, looking closer I done even see a mark on it... the guy said its been here a while. (I know I haven't seen it) He goes on the say its been in the back, They just put it on the shelf last week.
Well there isn't a mark on the magazine, the barrel is spotless and doesn't have a hint of solvent smell... I would not be at all surprised to hear it was unfired!!
I put it back and said I would think on it, I agree and say but your gonna throw in some ammo...RIGHT?

Here she is!!

Good things to those who wait I guess!! Happy camper here!!!

Anyone wanna help with a year of manufacturer? #0940XXXX

CW

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats always puts you a good mood when you find something unexpected that you're wanting

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
:congrats:SWEEEEEET!! Ya did good there!!:tee:

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've wanted one for a while. I hope you enjoy it twice as much as you always thought you would. What are your optics plans if any?

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Great find! Made in 1991

·
Premium Member
17,012 Posts
Hey CW,

Fine score!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
211 Posts
did you pay much wampum for your papoose?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: marlinluvr

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've wanted one for a while. I hope you enjoy it twice as much as you always thought you would. What are your optics plans if any?

If anything, maybe a red dot... problem is its a 3.8'' groove and not many quality red dots use that.

CW

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I removed and stored the factory sites and installed a easier to see ''glow worm'' front and "V" rear in a Williams base. Then I added the much needed sling studs. One in butt and one under barrel as the new 70PPS uses.

CW

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, she sure looks sweet. I've always thought it would be neat to have one myself. Enjoy...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice find, another one you don't see very often in my neck of the woods!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I changed my rear site again... ;) I was looking at it and realized as its a Williams, its dovetail is same as a peep aperture...SO, that's what I put in it!! I LIKE IT ALLOT BETTER!! ZERO worries about sight shift from take down.

CW

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Sweet lookin' little shooter! Congrats!:tee:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts