Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep I saw an orange Pinto going down the street in Fredricksburg Tx today it was nasty looking like it had set under trees for years. The hood, roof, trunk were black with tree sap & dirt. It moved along good though I was surprised I thought they were extinct.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Yep I saw an orange Pinto going down the street in Fredricksburg Tx today it was nasty looking like it had set under trees for years. The hood, roof, trunk were black with tree sap & dirt. It moved along good though I was surprised I thought they were extinct.:smokin:
probably the only thing holding it together.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
There is one in my area, light blue with the white top. Sits outside at a home about 1/2hr from me. 1st time I seen it I almost had a wreck looking at it :embarassed:

They drive it once in a while and it looks dang near new condition. No kidding....

DR

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
73 and on was certainly not the glory years for cars. My family had a 70 Dart that was rusting out with holes in fenders and around the rear spring shackles. I am surprised that any pinto is still drive-able today.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Ha, when I saw the title of this thread I though you were talking about a Pinto revolver - Two tone Nickel cylinder and blued frame :smile: Now the car I don't want, but I sure would like to own the revolver.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
There's a Ford Pinto in the Blues Brothers movie - driven by the Neo-Nazi guy.

Back in the 70s, my uncle had a blue Pinto.
I remember there were four of us in it and he couldn't get it to go faster than 65 trying to pass someone.
I must have been about 10 at the time, but it was tight in those back seats. He got rid of it soon after the gas tank issue came to light.

When I was in high school, I knew a guy that had a red Pinto station wagon. It was a 2-door.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
You certainly don't see many Pintos these days.
Same goes for Vegas.
Once quite common,and now virtually extinct.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had one - a 2.3L .... Ate a starter every 2 or 3 months. Took 2 long and one short extension on my ratchet to reach the starter bolts. I kept it for 4 starters and traded it for a garden shed.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
You certainly don't see many Pintos these days.
Same goes for Vegas.
Once quite common,and now virtually extinct.
I just built the transmission for a mechanic friend of mine. it is a Vega GT he has a hopped up 350 Chevy in it. I built him a 200R4 overdrive for it. back In the day a pinto was my brother in-laws favorite car, he had 4 or 5 of them. one night in the 70s me and my wife, then girlfriend was at the drive-in, a friend had a pinto hatchback parked beside us. it was painted to the max. he had a souped up V8 in it. while sitting there in caught on fire and burnet to the ground,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I saw a Monza the other day.

·
Super Moderator
23,789 Posts
A high school buddy had a green pinto back in the late 1970s. If he parked his car on an incline, it wouldn't start.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had the big brother to that car, a ‘74 Maverick, 4dr, 302 V8.
My first car in 1970 - a brand new white one. It came with NO OIL RINGS and the engine had to be rebuilt after a month out of the dealership. Then, the valves went, then the.....traded it in for a Toyota Mark IV soon afterwards. Never bought another Ford until 2007 when I got an Escape Hybrid. It's flawless.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts