Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1986 336cs in 30-30 but pulled the trigger anyway. Nice big wavy grain walnut, never been apart with original
tiny twigs and debris inside, very slight freckling that mostly fell away with gun oil and 0000 steel wool. Marshield is slightly peeling around the edges so as i’m convalescing from a surgery will refinish with a hand rubbed BLO sheen and new white spacers from a $1.00 Wally World bakery white bucket. 1986 must have been a good volume year for
Marlin as the 89,000 + serial number should indicate a late in the year assembly. Nice refinishable, no dents wood, super smooth action and a Leupold Vari X II 1-4 in Weaver rings for $395 OTD at Cabela’s made my decision. I don’t really have the safe room but when fever strikes you need to take the cure!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
]At that price, need doesn’t matter. Congratulations on a nice rifle. The scope alone has to be worth at least $100.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Nice rifle and a good deal. Just me but no way would I do a BLO finish on a late model rifle like that. The factory finish is a sprayed varnish of some type that does't hold up very well. I have stripped those finishes off and applied MinWax polyurethane spray from the spray can and gotten real nice durable finishes.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
I really didn’t need most of the rifles in my safes.Or a third of the 10’s of 1,000s of bullets and many lbs of gunpowder I have.
But,I wanted it.Just like you wanted that rifle,and probably the next good deal you come across.

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
:beer:

Reactions: Boobarzo
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.