Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
OLBIKER...if you have JES convert it to 38-55 I think you'll like the results. I've had a Winnie and a Marlin done in 38-55. Both are shooters.

Reactions: OLBIKER

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I'd seen a ghost when I saw your new avatar OLDBIKER. Ya see, that avatar belonged to Six_Gunz, a great guy and Marlinowners member who is no longer with us. Haven't seen that old bear move in quite a while...Sorry to hijack your thread Buddy, but I was taken aback for a moment there.
I can change it if it bothers folks here.

Reactions: T-Roy

·
Registered
837 Posts
Good morning
It is for sure you will not regret getting back a well bored and rifled barrel. I have 3 caliber 38's JES has done and numerous caliber .405's and never a sad moment. The caliber .38 barrels by JES will not require over size diameter molds and the shooting qualities are excellent.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I especially love the 36 square bolts with the end cap on the fore stock, rather then the band. Not a lot of them around for sale at a reasonable price. Nice find...

Reactions: OLBIKER

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Nice acquisition, Bob

It will definitely make a good 38-55

Order up the brass now it might get to you by the time the rebore is done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.