Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went back to the pawn shop today to look at the 30A I bought yesterday. She brought out a 917VS with scope, bi-pod, and synthetic stock. After looking at it, a Remington 7MM, and a Walther P22, we settled for 400 out the door for the Walther and the 917VS. Basically 200 each. The Marlin looks unfired(although I am sure it has been) no scratches, and the P22 was good condition in the box, with tools, manual and 2 magazines. Pics to follow in 10-15 days

Is there a cure for this Marlin disease?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Re: I need to stay out of the pawn shop

I don't think there is a cure. It can be controlled somewhat with regular doses of Marlins
and ammo and scopes...more Marlins...well you get the idea. Welcome to the dark side!
FM

·
Banned
1,157 Posts

Your problem's the opposite of mine. I need to start going to pawn shops--might find something I need for a price I can't resist! ;)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

cudamank said:
Yea, NO!

I told the GF I had all the Marlins I wanted when I got my 336RC .30-30 two weeks ago, and just this morning I was telling here about the next one I'll be on the lookout for!? a 336ER. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts

We don't have any pawn shops out here. :(
I can't remember ever going to one..
I should try and find a pawn shop and see what they might have

·
Super Moderator
15,935 Posts

wrench man said:
Yea, NO!

I told the GF I had all the Marlins I wanted when I got my 336RC .30-30 two weeks ago, and just this morning I was telling here about the next one I'll be on the lookout for!? a 336ER. ;)
And that's the way it is with Marlinitis! I keep telling myself the same thing over and over, but still find myself looking and the Mrs. knows I'm on the lookout for a nice cheap 30-30 that I can make a project out of. Was a good boy yesterday, I stayed out of the pawn shop here, there is danger there in the form of 2 30-30s and a XS7 .243! That .243 would have come home with me if I wasn't so addicted to levers. ;) Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts

mr fixit said:
And that's the way it is with Marlinitis! I keep telling myself the same thing over and over, but still find myself looking and the Mrs. knows I'm on the lookout for a nice cheap 30-30 that I can make a project out of. Was a good boy yesterday, I stayed out of the pawn shop here, there is danger there in the form of 2 30-30s and a XS7 .243! That .243 would have come home with me if I wasn't so addicted to levers. ;) Mr fixit
Mr F is right about them pawn shops. I'm like a kid in a candy store but I'm on a mission of sorts. If they don't have what I'm looking for specifically I walk out - boy that can be hard. I'm always looking for them ported shorty’s.

1895M
336D
1894CP

The ported list is getting shorter since I'm filling the empty slots in my gun rack with the ones I'm acquiring!

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts

The ATF is gonna love you for buying more than one firearm in 90 days.

I used to go pawn shop shopping. Then the wife said she was tired of me stopping all the time, and wanted me to stop at yard sales. So we did.

Third yard sale we stopped at I bought a 1896 Remington 700 for $145.
Which was the base for my long distance shooter.

We dont stop at yard sales any more 8)

·
Registered
366 Posts

cudamank said:
went back to the pawn shop today to look at the 30A I bought yesterday. She brought out a 917VS with scope, bi-pod, and synthetic stock. After looking at it, a Remington 7MM, and a Walther P22, we settled for 400 out the door for the Walther and the 917VS. Basically 200 each. The Marlin looks unfired(although I am sure it has been) no scratches, and the P22 was good condition in the box, with tools, manual and 2 magazines. Pics to follow in 10-15 days

yeah! One thing might be to stay off this site so much. I find a gun and wonder about it and everyone tells me don't let $50 hold you up from getting it if you want it and by the way it's rare and I've been looking for one of those for years and well you get the message. So I bought one Sat and Monday from the same Pawn Shop!

Jim

·
Registered
366 Posts

Oh, and on my second trip back I'm looking at a nice 46 39A at a decent price so I may be back again!

Jim

·
Registered
425 Posts

Pawn shops around here ask retail or more for their guns. Never found but one good buy except on a Ruger M11. It was across the state line and she and her Tn dealer who did her transfers for her were mad over something. So had to pass on it. They got over their spat after she sold the M11. My Luck.

·
Registered
227 Posts

I don't get to stop in to the pawn shops very often, but today I had a little time and I did a mini-tour....four pawn shops and two gun shops. Most of them had no leverguns at all. One had several, but not the sorts I was looking for. Everyone seemed to be mystified about why there were so few 30-30's around right now.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
When stuck in the flood of Marlinitis you do one of two things.

1) Fight against it and get bashed on every rock, log or other debris
or
2) set back and enjoy the water slide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts