Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every body I am new to the forum I have a marlin but I also have a rossi 92 in 454 casull here is my question is there a mount that good to use on rossi 92 to mount a scope and where can I find it the store I got the gun from have none thank you for your time. IMAG0282.jpg

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Off the top of my head the only mount I've seen was a scout mount by weaver, I will do some checkin.
In the mean time go to the top of the Rossi section and ask to join Team Rossi.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Rossi sells a base for those, but I have no experience with them. The screw holes are under the rear sight. You would have to use a scout scope with that mount. If I were to scope one, I'd use the Weaver #3A, and the forward offset side mount. That would put the scope close the the proper "on top of the receiver" position. This is a good combination, and I've used it on a Winny '94 with good success. It positions the scope slightly off to the left and low over the receiver, and you can still use your iron sights. Those .454s are like tiny 45-70s with the top end loads. Good luck making your decision on the type of mount that you choose.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts