Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have got a bag of these bullets and I can`t determine who produced them.
I bought a SBL a few years ago and these were part of the deal, but I have lost the
contact information to the seller.

The bullet:
350 gr full metal jacket
.458 '' diameter
.846 '' length (21.49 mm)

I have googled to the best of my ability, but haven`t found any 350 gr FMJ bullets.

Thanks for any suggestions that may come.

Pictures from left to right: Hornady 300 gr HP, Hornady 350 gr RN, Hornady 325 gr FTX and 350 gr ??

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Thanks for the tip. Do you know where I can find load data for this bullet? Or If I can bother you with posting any of your best loads?? I shoot a Marlin SBL by the way.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Agree that it looks like the berry .45 calibre rifle bullet. Check the Berry web site for load information: Berry's Manufacturing ? Over 50 Styles of Plated Bullets

Or, drop them an E-mail and request some load data. I do believe that with all the Berry copper plated lead rifle bullets, there is a maximum velocity limitation of 1700 FPS.

I've never loaded the Berry copper plated .45 rifle bullets, but have loaded the 30 WCF and various pistol calibre bullets with very satisfactory results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394888134.731448.jpg

You are correct. Thanks for the heads up. My Hornady bullet chart shows me the same thing. A strange thing I got them in a box that says Hornady on it...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts