Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an extra old style 336 front barrel band?
Numrich, Brownells, and Jack First are all out for now. I need the band for my project rifle.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I dont have one, got a back one but that dont help you does it. :lol:
I could be wrong but I think the only difference is the screw dia. If I'm right & you can get the fatter screw you could probably drill a new one out & rethread it.
Someone likely has one tho.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new style barrel band doesn't allow the the screw to go through stright. I might have to take a rattail file to the recess in the barrel and make it larger to fit the new style screw. I have not had to do anything like that to a rifle before and figured it would be easer to get the right band, nothing worse than to have someone "unfix" a problem :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Hmmm, I thought the newer screws were thinner than the old ones but its been awhilke since I'v had both to compare. I was thinking you'ld need to open up the screw hole in the band. I'v filed away at alot of things before but dont think I'd gop fileing my barrel either.

Someone here will likely have one. or you can check, these links & ebay as well, theres often 336 parts there but its up in the air wether or not the seller knows the vintage of a part.
http://www.wisnersinc.com/old_index.html
http://www.gun-parts.com/marlin/
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ken,
Do have a phone # for Wisners? When I click on the link I get page can not be displayed.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Sure, no sweat,
360-748-4590 | Fax 360-748-6028

I got it from their site just now. It took a few minutes to come up tho, maybe theyre having trouble.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leverdude said:
Sure, no sweat,
360-748-4590 | Fax 360-748-6028

I got it from their site just now. It took a few minutes to come up tho, maybe theyre having trouble.
Thank you Sir!!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang, I struck out there.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks like what I need there. wish I couls buy just the barrel band. :D

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
big medicine said:
That looks like what I need there. wish I couls buy just the barrel band. :D
Never know when you might need that other stuff! :lol:
I'm not suposed to go to flea markets because of my lack of willpower. :lol:
Lucky for me the internet can send stuff right to my house discuised in plain looking cardboard boxes! :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Got your email! Sent you picture of both style bands, so you can tell me which you need!
Vall

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
marlinman93 said:
Got your email! Sent you picture of both style bands, so you can tell me which you need!
Vall
sent back email

1 - 15 of 15 Posts