Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to come here and shoot mosquitos for me because they are killer vicious beasts and they keep trying to get me all the time. They are huge and travel in packs.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Might be your perfume. :lol: Seriously, my wife gets bothered by bugs alot more than I do & she uses all kinds a skin cream & fancy shampoos. I think its the scents they put in that stuff. What you gotta do is make a nice campfire & sit down wind. :D

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Uncle Big Trouble Mike said:
It's a wonder they can find ya what with Alaskans halo blindin'em.
Maybe it attracts them, ya know, like a bug zapper. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
RC
Maybe if you try some Skin-so-soft from Avon it would help, it's supposed to be a repellent.
Leverdude
I guess his Zapper ain't working to good :lol: musta lost it's glow.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Levrdude I haven't been wearing perfume so that probably isn't it, they bit my feet, all around the ankles. They are big as vultures and have stingers so big they can bite right through your clothes. I've heard that the skin so soft stuff works pretty well, maybe I'll have to try it.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I usta use skin so soft while cutting lawns, but the skeeters dont bug me much anyhow.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
RC,
If you'd quite drinking wine and start sipping Jack Daniels and putting Tabasco sauce on your food, them skeeters would leave you alone. If they are only bitting your ankles they might be fleas, except for that one whose bite causes you to go topless and I think that may have be that halo guy. :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference between men with halos and mosquitos especially when the halo is question is particularly bright but I know the ones biting my ankles aren't fleas because only lonely ol' hags who keep mangy cats get fleas. If I could drink JD I would but I can't stand the taste or the smell and tobasco sauce gives me anxiety. I'm just glad I don't have a cat because then I would have to worry about fleas as well and while outside cats can be okay there is absolutely nothing more gross and disgusting than catboxes, although I understand that some people are reluctant to leave their cats outside because they might end up in someone's stew pot.

can you tell I've had very little sleep...

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
They got suits you can buy that zip you up nice & tight so the bugs cant get you. They come with headnet things for facial protection too.
I never wore one but I'v seen people in them & they must work, I cant see someone dressing up like that if it didn't. :)

I think this fellow knows what cats are good for (bet he uses a wok)
:twisted:

Heres a pic of the same cat right before he was aprehended. :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Around here, Skin-So-Queer, er, I mean, Soft is considered salad dressing by the bugs. It's DEET or 'nuthin for me. If I ever have any more kids(not likely) they might end up shaped like Starfish or something because of it, but at least I'm not getting bit!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Cats -- The other white meat ... :shock: ... Do they taste like chicken, or Elk?

Bill

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyway Alaskan will be here soon to shoot mosquitos for me and if you're reading this Toughie I'm sending you a card soon, this week I hope because after he gets here I am quite sure he will keep me locked in the kitchen making him biscuits so I will get the card before then.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I will look for it in the mail, RC. :)

Alaskan, during your visit,please do not keep RC too busy to converse with me on occasion . She doesn't need so much time as say...a lonely hag with nothing better to do than stalk people from one site to another. But, she does need a little time

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't even mailed it yet toughie because I've been sick with the flu and had a 103 fever that gave me nightmares about bears getting me but I won't let Alaskan keep me handcuffed to the stove and will mail your card soon.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
handcuffed to the stove...don't he want you to get away :wink: I always thought handcuffs were used in a different room :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I hope you feel better soon, RC. Tell Alaskan to take care of you till your better. Remember you need a couple of weeks to recover or you will relapse. That means HE gets to make the biscuits.

Ok, I know I sound like a mother hen, so I'll stop. Just take care of yourself, ok. :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Uncle Big Trouble Mike said:
handcuffed to the stove...don't he want you to get away :wink: I always thought handcuffs were used in a different room :lol: :lol: :lol:
My bedroom handcuffs are pink and fluffy. I could see where that would present a problem in the kitchen. I am sure that RC has a better pair for her kitchen work.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Of course it's important to have different types of handcuffs for different rooms so thanks for reminding me of that Toughie. But I don't think Alaskan could make even the biscuits that come in a can even if he wasn't wearing handcuffs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts