Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has 4 boxes of Remington 140 gr PSP, 2 boxes of WInchester 139 gr silver tipped and 2 boxes of Hornady 139 gr SST light magnum. All for $100 . THat makes it like $12.50 a box . He said he has gone to .308 s and so he doenst need them no more.

This is a total of 160 rds. I think i m getting a good deal. And the seller also said they are alll factory ammo and no reloads. I m excited as i have something to zero my new XS7 soon.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Good price for factory loads.I don't think I could reload much cheaper,unless I used cast boolits!!!! ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first when i got my rifle weeks ago i was thinking of getting cheaper brand PRvi Partizan 140 gr SP. I read they are quite accurate and i had good experience with their .308s and .303 Brits. But this deal came across while surfing the net and the seller is local.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Can't beat that with a stick. Congratulations! DP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got the ammo . Inspected each one to make sure all look the same. Okey heres some of my observations. Slugging each bullet brands on the muzzle,

Remington PSP sticks out few mm. The ogive is not too slender compared with the two preium brands of Hornady and Winchester which goes almost totally into the crown . I dont have a micrometer to measure diameter so ...

I loaded four rounds into the mag and cycled it manually and ejecting each carefully. I noticed very positive lockup in the breech. Almost a bit tight to close but not too bad tight. I have a feeling this is good. Well hopefully this weekend i get to shoot the gun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to Hot Wells Shooting Range in Cypress, TExas. It was a windy day but still was a good day. One rugged hole at 25 yds using WInchester 140 gr Silvertip. I tried the Hornady 140 gr SST Light magnum and it was also one rugged hole. Same point of impact , too.

Then at 100 yds the wind was around 15 - 20 mph wind gust. I still manage to achieve 1.25 inch group with the WInchester. But shots were hitting 2 inches to the left of aim. Anway im happy and will test it again some day when its not windy.

This rifle can shoot is all i can say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts