Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1896m 18” ported back in 2002 or 2003. It’s been my go to hunting partner since and has never let me down. Unfortunately I now have shoulder problems and can’t shoot it anymore. So I’ve started hunting with my 357max contender. What I’m wondering is, is my 1895m worth enough to trade for a big bore(44 mag or greater) revolver, so that I have a back up to my one shot?

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Hang out and get 25 posts, then go down to the For Sale thread and sell it here. It's a valuable, sought after rifle, and you'll get a fair price from an MO member. Trade-ins at the gun store usually don't bring a very good price, you'll do better here. It's an FFL to FFL transfer unless you're both in-State and it's legal.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check GB and see if any have sold lately. I would definitely get your 25 posts and put it up for sale here.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I bought a 1896m 18” ported back in 2002 or 2003. It’s been my go to hunting partner since and has never let me down. Unfortunately I now have shoulder problems and can’t shoot it anymore. So I’ve started hunting with my 357max contender. What I’m wondering is, is my 1895m worth enough to trade for a big bore(44 mag or greater) revolver, so that I have a back up to my one shot?
well if there is any chance at all your shoulder issues can or will be corrected in the future I would keep it. You won’t find another one like it. I had rotator cuff surgery (completely torn) an had to park my 45/70 gg for 2 years. Shoulder is fine now, no problem shooting anything.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome, to get your post quick go to the new members forum & say welcome 24 times your are good to go. Mike

·
Premium Member
5,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your health. I can't believe you don't have 25 posts already :hmmmm:

Reactions: vt4ster and 1Merlin

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Why not get a 1894 Marlin or Winchester in 44 mag?

Reactions: ballistics04
1 - 18 of 18 Posts