Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should probably take some better pictures someday, but the full size rifle is a SA 1945 I purchased from the CMP in 1985 for I think $160 :)

The second one is another SA, I would have to check again, but I think a 1950, I bought for $600 about 6 years ago. The barrel was washed out,
but I didn't care, it was going to get a new one anyway, in an 18" T26 configuration with scout scope. This last year I finally had the $$ saved, and
it got shipped to Fulton Armory. :beerglass: I absolutely LOVE an 18" Garand. And, it runs, unlike the older SA guns (from the new SA) out there that have so many problems.

Cheers,

Garand Aug 7 2013 001.jpg

Garand Aug 7 2013 006 cropped.jpg

Garand Aug 7 2013 009 cropped.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts
Hey Cowboy,

Great pair of M-1's!

Later, Mark

Reactions: buckweet

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Got My 1944 SA in 2002 for $400, even after rebarreling and a pile of NM parts, its still worth way more than I paid for it.

General Patton was right, it is the best battle implement ever made

m1e.jpg

Not your Grand Daddy's M1

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Back when I was getting out of Basic Training at Fort Knox, KY (1967) as "graduating" recruits we were told that we could buy M14 rifles that the Army was doing away with for the M16 for something like $86. (I don't remember exactly, but even then I thought it wasn't out of line). Of course, I didn't buy one. Semi Auto's were illiegal for hunting in PA (as they are now) and I didn't even own a gun back then. Little did I know......

Mike T.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rifles are not "just used for hunting" sorry to tell ya. They do have other, more important uses. Plenty of info out there .

"Never let school get in the way of a good education" :)

Regards,

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have an IHC, '53 maufacture. When I got it, it was basically inoperative. It had been *rode hard and put up wet*. Any parts that could be affected by corrosive ammo, was.

The only original parts are the receiver, bolt, extractor, and trigger group (minus springs).

I have built beucoup rifles, including about 40 ARs, but I'm as proud of this one as any.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I want one but I wont be getting one soon. I told myself and my wife I was done buying guns... for a while anyway

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well, being's it is Memorial day, I figured a fitting tribute would be to take the M-1 out and blast a few through it. It was a rare day that both my daughter and I were off on the same day, so she tagged along.

Here she is in full recoil.

She really enjoyed firing it, but needed some padding for the recoil. Said she likes it more than an AR. "This thing's got some punch!!" We put 12 clips through it, then she had to get back to the house. I stayed and shot some more.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
great lookin' rifles

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Rifles are not "just used for hunting" sorry to tell ya.
Hilary had 750,000 Garands destroyed to stop them from getting into the hands of terrorists.

The terrorist group is the CMP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts