Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sweet little Matilda,half Abysinian and half tabby left us yesterday. Her mega-colon finally caught up with her six years after we were told"a few months at best" She was seventeen and always spent Sunday afternoons in a padded box I made for her out in the reloading room helping me. She always knew when I was coming home from work if it was early or late. She was the most affectionate cat I ever saw. I am having a hard time not thinking I could have done more for her.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Travlin, sorry for your loss. Seems to me sometimes our best friends have four legs and don't talk, but are still our best friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, take care, John.

Reactions: Travlin

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Man I too well know the pain and the feelings you are having.
I think about my Peaches and Elmo every day,I only wish I could have done more
for them...I'd give anything for just one more day...

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Travlin, sorry you lost your little buddy. The Wifes Cat was given 6mos over 4 years ago. The Cat has had some ups and downs, but is hanging in there for now. It is always a sad day when we lose one our furry little friends.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry for your loss...
Cats are great personalities
It's soon 10 years ago i lost my last cat... 16 years old
I can still hear the cats in the house at night- after all the years

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I here ya Travlin " Sorry about your kitte Brother . Man I tell ya if some body kicked My DOG' or even tried to be Mean to My little Buddy" ( Baby's her name ... Little 5 year old now , Miniature Wiener Pup ) I'd KNOCK The sucker Clean Out ! In fact back when I was about 30 years old I Did Punch a little 16 year punk Twice" , that lived about six doors down the road from me , for kicking a little Cocker Dog I use to have years ago . I was out front raking the yard , and Checkers The Dog's name was walking along the side of the yard barking at the kid , and the kid in the road got mad , an Kick" My Dog , I blew up and took off after him , Caught him , and knocked him flat on his back in the road . He picked him self up off the road and I punch him again . He said say My DAD" Will Be Up Here Shortly" and Kick your Blank" , I said well tell him what ya did before he comes up here lippin off punk , well The Dad did come up to my place shortly, didn't say a word , just hauled off and took a swing at me , and MISSED" :biggrin: , ( Turn Now" Boy ).... and he caught a Big Right Fist I had Cocked" from Way Down in Georgia some place , and landed it Square in his Nose" down he went , I grabbed he up by his belt and the set of his pants and put my right foot in his rear end and out in the road he went , and told him don't come back you or your son .

Well the cop's came a short while later and arrested me , and took me to the station house , and gave me a ticket for assault and battery , No Bond" though , just a ticket and released me , and the wife came and pick me up and we went home :biggrin: She was pretty Mad" about the whole thing , but like I told the cop , Yes" I knocked the hell out of Both of um , and I'll DO It Again If that little punk or Anybody" mess's with my Dog , OR one of My Kid's or YOU" period , end of the conversation . So he wrote me a ticket and that was that . But She got over it , and so did I .:)

Well I went to city court about 3 week's later and paid um $250 buck find , and a 90 suspended jail sentence .... I said Thank You Judge " it was worth ever penny of it Sir.... He smiled and sorta rolled his eyes .... Never see him or the kid form down the road again after that :) Here's a culpa pictures of my little buddy... (Her name's Baby") She got that name from wifie the min. we first saw her at age 90 days old .

Mammal Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed
...Here she is , and she ain't spoiled at all :biggrin: she's my dog if I'm around , if not , then she stay's pretty close to Jeri .

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
You have my sympathy as well. Animals are a huge part of our family and always will be. We just "fall" into them; they are always strays or rescues but we take 'em in and they become part of the clan. Loosing any family member sucks. Enjoy the good memories spent with good "people" and pray that someone remembers you just as fondly.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sorry for your loss, friend. Take time to absorb the loss, then think about another cat. There's always some that need to adopt a human. Their great companions, even though they take a lot of naps.

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Sorry for your loss!

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Had one that went 18 years and also new when I was coming home and was always at the door to greet me. Slept curled up under my arm. I feel your pain Travlin. My wife brought home a little yapper soon afterward and it really helped ease the pain. House pets, and those that stay outside, can become part of the family. Matilda sounds like she was pampered to me. I'm sure that you did all that you could for her because you loved her. I truly believe that we will see them again, and there will be no sickness to worry about.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all you M.O. members for the kind words. They really meant a lot. I don't think that we can ever have another animal again because my wife's health continues to deteriorate and that is really depressing to me. I am 66 and still doing carprentry work and most likely will until I can no longer. Even though we have no mortgage or car payments etc. she who must be obeyed says we cannot afford to stay in our modest home if I quit working completely. We have no one that we can depend on take a pet if if we pass on and I guess that's what really gets to me. Thanks for being there guys. It really helps me more than you know. T.

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
I read you OP and enough, I tired 6 years ago and one day my youngest son "now 38 y/o" rang the door bell and walked in with a 6 month old puppy White with two brown ears a mix pit bull. its now 4 years later and I think I'll wake up and instead of seeing Pete the dog it will be Peter my little boy. I hope I live long enough to see him properly put to sleep. He is a kind dog and love me to no end. The thought Of leaving him doesn't sit well with me and I know if Pete leave me my heart will be broken. There is no happiest at the end.
Tony

Attachments

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
My German Shepard, expolice dog died and left me broken hearted. My APBT Skully made it to 15 years old. I had tears in my eyes when he passed. Big ones.

So I know the emptiness that comes when one loses their pet, especially their dog.

A friend sent me these two poems when Skully passed. I have kept these under the glass of my computer desk ever since.

They comforted me. Hopefully they'll help you too. The same things apply to most all pets, cats, dogs,etc.

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your loss. I've found the best way to get over losing a pet...is to get another.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish World, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves to be ungrateful or treacherous , is his Dog.

He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the World.........
When all friends desert...he remains.
George G. Vest
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your Dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours faithful and true , to the last beat of his heart
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Travlin. I know how I feel every time it happens to one if mine. For some reason, I keep adopting them though. I've never been disappointed with any animal I ever got from a shelter. There's another helper for you out there when you're ready.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Sorry for your loss, Travlin. I think I can say for sure that we know what you're felling.

It's been about a year (6/6/2013) since we had to put our boy, Chance to sleep and there's not a day that goes by that we don't think of him. It's been a tough couple of weeks for his Mom and Dad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.