Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my friends gun shop today and he has a 356 in a mod 94. It is one of the 1894-1994 mods.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Big medicine
I have a 356 in a marlin 336ER,And I can tell you it is a great caliber.But it is kind of hard to find reloading data for.I have never seen one in an ''winnie'' as far as that goes I have only seen one in a marlin and I own it.But I wouldn't blame you if you bought the ''winchester''..You just don't see the 356 in gun shops every day.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe me I thought about it, but I have a 336SC in the works.....and I think I'm going to bet a savage 110 30-06 with the accutrigger. Got a deal I cant pass up. Just dont need the 356, but I figured some one here would want it.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 336SC is the one Big Redhead had, just waiting for it to arrive, then the shooting begins. Just something about a SC :D Might even have to shoot a deer with it this fall.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
How much for the 356? My bro has a 375 in their ER and it is accurate! I kind of like it for a Winnie!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sidespin,
I have no idea....yet, :D but will post all the goodies as soon as I get it in hand. :wink:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I just purchased a .35 SC, I'm in the same boat you are in, I haven't received it but I do know it is Ballard and not tapped. Have wanted one for a long time. I believe it was made in 1950. I was told that 1950 was the first year Marlin chambered the .35, this is something that had escaped me until now, I thought Marlin chambered the .35 earlier than this. My source is reliable so I learned yet something else thanks to this board.

Hope you post your SC's specifics when it arrives...

SS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts