Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Main problem I have is the extended rail. I have one of those ugly things on my SBL and would love to either take it off altogether, or else find a "short rail" that is silver and matches the receiver. Somebody once told me that with the factory installed XS Rail I cannot take it off unless I buy a new rear sight. Is that true?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Main problem I have is the extended rail. I have one of those ugly things on my SBL and would love to either take it off altogether, or else find a "short rail" that is silver and matches the receiver. Somebody once told me that with the factory installed XS Rail I cannot take it off unless I buy a new rear sight. Is that true?
A hack saw and cold blue should take care of it. 😁

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m with you on the rail. I had a weaver scout rail on a rifle that is far less ugly. I also don’t like they put white letters on the side of the mount. I have one on my marauder that mounts only to the front two recover holes and rear sight dovetail but I did have to add my own rear sight. It still doesn’t look very clean.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Turnbull does some amazing work. I tend to go for they classic old style stuff but that one looks pretty interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but then it's down to what you want and personal taste. No accounting for taste.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reminds me of an old classic car that's been hot roded. Some people really like 'em, some don't. As for me, I like it.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I like most of Turnbull's work. This not so much. All that pretty is wasted IMHO. I doubt it shoots any better now them before case hardening. No bang for the buck so to speak.
I tend to wonder about some things these days.
If you like it by all means go for it.
Then I do not like the CCH 1911s and really do not like the CCH ARs. CCH has it's place and looks great on certain guns. Just because you can does not mean you should.

·
Registered
250 Posts
While I understand the concept of the extended rail providing flexibility in your optics choices I removed mine from my SBL and replaced it with standard scope mounts. Never had a moments regret.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
A hack saw and cold blue should take care of it. 😁
Most of them are not steel. They are an alloy or aluminum so cold blue would not work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts