Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,029 Posts
I've done a lot of wood repair in my day and that one is a doozy. There is such thing as wood glue and clamping it down for a day of drying time but you got some chips there that are going to be hard to fix. Hopefully someone on here has a fix for you. You have just the type of rile I'm looking for and I feel for you.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
This reminds me of years ago when I was given my grandfathers Remington model 42 targetmaster that he fed the famiy with quite often. The stock had a big chuck out of the bottom end of it. My wife's grandfather did all kind of woodworking in his little ole shop and lo and behold he had some walnut wood pieces. We went thru his stuff and found a piece that lined up with the grain. I glued it up and shaped with a file and it turned out great. For your problem I would call arouinfd to some cabinet shops as they use all types of wood and at least one should have a piece of walnut. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.