Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 prefix 338MX for sale in the classifieds, email me at [email protected] for pics, contact number, etc.
Being a curmundgeon, I have limited patience with posting to photobucket,et al. so just PM me with your email address or send me an email to mine for pics and we will all be happy!!!!

SOLD

·
Team 45-70 Big Buck Contest Winner 2012
1,078 Posts
Re: I just listed a 92 prefix 338MX in the classifieds SPF

Well that didn't take long 8)

-chris

·
Registered
846 Posts

Someone was looking out for Me! and I appreciate BIG TIME! ;D

·
Registered
274 Posts

styk i guess you bought it .congrats ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
274 Posts

see i told ya yours would come ;) i hope you will get a [email protected]@@ load of shells down range and she's all you are looking for

·
Registered
846 Posts

Well now I have to wait again! But not like the six months I waited for nothing! I am excited and kinda giddy and have a Nicon 4.5 X 14 just waiting for it ;D Dennis

·
Registered
846 Posts

I am working out of town this week so I wont see it till saterday, and It is Killing Me! ;D Dennis

·
Registered
846 Posts

USPS Tracking says it has been delivered, Hopefully Wife can go get it tomorrow if not I'll get it on saturday! Happy Happy Joy Joy! ;D Dennis

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yup, its there. Before I shipped it , I aligned it up with mine--stock to lever to barrel and they matched exactly. You'll be a happy camper. I was surprised to see this listed in the LA. Sportsman's Classifieds section. They probably didn't want it because it would hang up the brass like mine did but using the Ranchdog trick with the screwdriver on the extractor and it worked perfectly just like mine. Just don't shoot too much game with just yet or you'll make me jealous. I haven't busted any game animals with mine yet but plan to alleviate that this hunting season even if its just an armadilla, lol.
Its been so hot here lately with the heat index at 107 to 117 degrees with the humidity at 80-100%, I have to bring a towel with me to wipe off the sweat and am drenched when trying to do some range time. Have to put the rifle in the a/c to get it to cool off between shots.

·
Registered
274 Posts

one word of caution dont leave the 308 in the closet too long or she'll leave you ;D

·
Registered
183 Posts

plumbercrackus said:
one word of caution dont leave the 308 in the closet too long or she'll leave you ;D
Is she (the 308) blond or brunette ? ;D

·
Registered
846 Posts

I'm sure It will be just fine, Hopefully it will be there when I get home tonite. I can't wait! ;D Dennis

·
Registered
846 Posts

Just got home and the 338 MX was waiting for Me and I have to say it is everything You said it would be! Thanks Patrick, I really appreciate it! You are a strait shooter My Friend! So tomorrow I'll start on the scope and maybe get to shoot it this weekend. again thanks! ;D Dennis

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

You are quite welcome and have fun shooting that Marlin. You should be able to hit paper with the first shot at 25 yards instead of plowing a garden like the last one, lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts

It's troublesome that new Marlin owners are finding so many problems, from drooping barrels, to feeding problems with the .338 ME to terrible looking wood and poor wood-to-metal fit, all the while with increasing prices. Of course, it could be the change-over to Remington, unscrupulous owner/managers seeking to milk all the profits they can from Marlin's good name before unloading the operation on someone else. It could be disgruntled employees who deliberately sabotaged the product.
It could be a combination of things. To make matters worse, there's always the rumor mill to obfuscate the situation.

The only certainty in this matter is that I would never again buy a new Marlin until such time that the traditional Marlin quality is restored.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Yea It is a shame, and I fill the same way! Just stay away from the new ones untill they start putting out better quality Rifles. You know when I started looking around I started to see a lot of good used Marlins for sale everywhere! So the is no lack of good used Rifles that need a good home. Dennis

·
Registered
846 Posts

Why is the Universe working aginst Me? everytime I think i'm going out to shoot this new gun some kinda crap comes up and well you know, NO shooting Dangit to heck! :(

·
Registered
274 Posts

stykbow57 said:
Why is the Universe working aginst Me? everytime I think i'm going out to shoot this new gun some kinda crap comes up and well you know, NO shooting Dangit to heck! :(
i feel your pain , down here it is so hot and dry its unbelievable,i tried to shoot sunday and the heat waves in the scope almost obscured the target so i gave up and went inside. how about ou guys in nc can you share a little rain????? :'(

·
Registered
440 Posts

I wish some of you'all would throw one in the air across the American Canadain border , Then come to think of it , probably a few hundred guys would get killed stepping on the guys before them trying to get it ,
There is no such thing as a used 308 /338 ME . and few new ones .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.